



壓力在工作生活中幾乎是不可避免的,幾乎每個人在工作中都會經歷一定程度的壓力,因為工作本身通常伴隨著壓力源,例如工作期限、高要求、競爭、責任…等。雖然壓力是正常現象,但重要的是要學會管理它,並採取積極的措施應對它,以確保你的工作和生活保持平衡。


I’m overwhelmed by the heavy workload.
我被龐大的工作量壓得喘不過氣。overwhelm [͵ovɚˋhwɛlm] v. 使不知所措
be overwhelmed by sth 對某事物感到不知所措
workload [ˋwɝk͵lod] n. 工作量
It’s the second downsizing within a year. I always fear that I might be laid off.
這是一年內第二次裁員。我總擔心我會被解僱。
It’s suffocating to work at a place where no one is allowed to have any fun.
在一個不允許任何人娛樂的地方工作令人窒息。suffocate [ˋsʌfə͵ket] v. 使窒息
I’m feeling very anxious about the upcoming presentation.
我對即將要進行的口頭報告感到非常焦慮。
The responsibilities of the job are weighing me down.
這項工作的職責令我焦慮不已。weigh sb down 使人憂心忡忡
You can treat challenges and pressure as opportunities to grow.
你可以把挑戰和壓力當作成長的機會。
We need to lighten their workload so (that) they won’t break.
我們需要減輕他們的工作量,這樣他們才不會崩潰。
Our employees are operating under a consistent level of strain.
我們的員工在持續的壓力下工作。consistent [kənˋsɪstənt] a. 持續的
strain [ stren ] n. 壓力
crack / collapse / buckle [ˋbʌk!] under the strain 因壓力大而崩潰
I’m really under the gun today because I have a deadline to meet.
我今天真的很緊張,因為我要趕在截止期限前完工。be under the gun 很緊張
The boss has been breathing down my neck recently.
老闆最近一直緊盯著我。
I’m under tremendous pressure due to the fact that I have too much on my plate.
我由於工作太多而承受著巨大壓力。tremendous [trɪˋmɛndəs] a. 巨大的
We overwhelmed the enemy with superior weapons.
我們用精良的武器大敗敵軍。
Helena was overwhelmed by grief when her puppy died in an accident.
海蓮娜的小狗狗意外喪生之後,她傷心極了。
Grief overwhelmed Helena when her puppy died in an accident.
海蓮娜的小狗狗意外喪生之後,她傷心極了。
The small village was soon overwhelmed by the flood; fortunately, all the local people were evacuated in advance.
小村子很快就被洪水淹沒;幸運的是當地民眾已事先被撤離。
The unpleasant cigarette smoke almost
suffocated me.
這令人討厭的菸味讓我快要沒辦法呼吸。
Infants risk suffocating while sleeping on adult
mattresses.
嬰兒若睡在成人的床墊上會有窒息的危險。
Several fish suffocated after the oxygen levels in the tank dropped too low. 魚缸中的氧氣含量過低,導致幾條魚窒息死亡。
The sky began to lighten after the shower.
陣雨過後,天空開始放晴。
Dad painted the walls white to lighten the room.
老爸把牆壁漆成白色使房間明亮起來。
The load in the truck lightened after the deliveryman
sent out almost all of the packages.
送貨員發完幾乎所有的包裹後,卡車的負荷量就減輕了。
My mood lightened when I learned my son had come
back safe and sound.
我獲知我兒子安全無恙歸來時,心中大石落了地。
Thank you for giving us a hand. Your help lightened
our workload.
謝謝你伸出援手。你的幫忙減輕了我們的工作量。
The conversation became very serious, so to lighten
the atmosphere, Jerry decided to tell a short joke.
談話變得很嚴肅,所以傑瑞為了舒緩氣氛,決定講個簡短的
笑話。
Lighten up! You’re always so serious.
輕鬆一下嘛!你總是那麼嚴肅。
Raymond is not consistent in his opinions.
雷蒙的意見前後不一致。
The author has a consistent style of writing.
這位作者保有一貫的寫作風格。
John’s actions are consistent with his words.
約翰言行一致
John’s actions are in accord with his words.
約翰言行一致
John’s actions correspond with his words.
約翰言行一致
Most of the eggs Erin bought cracked when she dropped her basket.
大部分艾琳買的蛋在她的籃子掉到地上時都破了。
After hours of trial and error, Ted cracked the code.
經過好幾個小時的反覆試驗後,泰迪終於解開密碼了。
Dad won’t allow me to go skating today because of the dangerous cracks in the ice.
老爸今天不讓我去溜冰,因為冰上有危險的裂縫。
The police will spare no effort to crack down on the underworld.
警方將全力掃黑。
Business has been poor; therefore, we need to consider laying off staff.
生意一直都不好;因此,我們需要考慮裁員。
The responsibilities of the job are weighing me down.
這項工作的職責令我焦慮不已。
I'm really under the gun. My boss has been breathing down my neck recently.
我壓力很大。我老闆最近一直盯著我。
The boss has been breathing down my neck recently.
老闆最近一直緊盯著我。
This week will be super hectic as I have a lot on my plate.
我這星期會炸忙,因為我有超多事要處理。
I'm afraid I've spread myself too thin.
恐怕我同時做太多事了。
I'm being snowed under at the moment, and my nerves are on edge.
我現在忙翻天了,所以處於緊繃的狀態。
The players were on edge before the game.
賽前球員們都很緊張。
i've been a basket case over the past two weeks waiting for the result.
過去兩週我一直焦急地等待結果,簡直快崩潰了。
