



Directions: Read the text below. A word or phrase is missing in some of the sentences. For each empty space in the text, select the best answer to complete the text. Then mark the letter (A), (B), (C), or (D) on your answer sheet.
![]() |
||
| 大題 / 題型 | 題數 | 答題時間 |
| Part 6 Text Completion 段落填空 | 16(4 則,每則 4 題) | 每題 30秒 |
Questions 1-3 refer to the following email.
| 試題攻略 |
1 . 理由
a. (A) 一名業務代表會處理這個緊急訂單。
(B) 規章將立即生效。
(C) 若干企業在經濟不景氣期間倒閉。
(D) 這個問題就是過多的垃圾。
b. 空格後的句子提到 “The problem has come about since the new public trash cans were installed...”(自 從設置新的公共垃圾桶⋯⋯就發生了這個問題),說明設置新的公共垃圾桶造成了問題,由此推知,這 個問題應是與垃圾有關。
c.選項 (D) 說這個問題就是過多的垃圾,符合前後語意,故 (D) 項應為正選。
We decided to set up an association of photography lovers.
我們決定成立一個攝影愛好者協會。
The exhibition was sponsored by the government in association with local businesses.
這場展覽是由政府聯合當地企業贊助舉辦的。
The smell of fresh bread has a strong association with home for me.
對我來說,新鮮麵包的香味和家有深刻的連結。
My boss thought my report was too lengthy, so I had to cut it short at his request.
老闆認為我的報告過於冗長,所以我只好應他要求把報告裁短一些。
For those who are interested in this investment, we have a lot of booklets on request.
對於本投資有興趣的人,我們準備了許多小冊子備索。
May we request the honor of your presence at our gathering?
我們可否有此榮幸邀您出席我們的聚會?
Since the holiday is drawing near, I request that the meeting (should) be put off until sometime next month.
由於假期在即,我要求會議延到下個月其他時間另行召開。
The bad weather affected everyone’s mood.
惡劣的天氣影響了每個人的心情。
This disease mainly affects children under 3.
這種疾病主要是 3 歲以下的小孩容易得到。
The little boy’s miserable life affected us so much that we decided to adopt him.
那個小男孩的可憐身世深深觸動了我們,因此我們決定收養他。
Although Dad affected indifference, he was actually very angry.
雖然老爸裝作若無其事,但他其實很生氣。
The accident happened at midnight last night.
這起意外事故發生在昨晚午夜。
What happened to your left eye?
你的左眼發生了什麼事?
What ’s the matter with your left eye?
你的左眼發生了什麼事?
I happen to have $100 with me.
我碰巧身上有 100 元。
On behalf of our company, I would like to make a toast to the newlyweds.
本人謹代表公司向結婚的新人敬酒。
Hostels came about because of the need for affordable places to stay while traveling.
青年旅社的出現是因為在旅行時需要有負擔得起的落腳處。
Global warming is posing a threat to human survival.
全球暖化正對人類生存構成威脅。
