You need to capture the audience’s interest right off the bat. 你得在一開始就馬上吸引觀眾的注意力。
right off the bat 立刻
People might lose interest if you bore them right from the start. 如果你從一開始就讓人感到無聊,大家可能會對你失去興趣。
A strong opening can give you a greater chance of keeping their attention throughout the presentation. 強力的開場更能讓觀眾在整場口頭報告中都集中注意力。
Your audience may quickly start to tune out if you open badly. 如果你的開場很糟糕,觀眾可能會開始不理會你。
tune out 不理睬
If you open your presentation poorly, there’s little chance that your message will effectivelyget across. 如果你的演講開場很糟,你的資訊將難以有效地被理解。
A relaxed, straight posture will convey confidence to your audience. 放鬆又筆直的姿態會將自信的感覺傳遞給聽眾。
posture [ˋpɑstʃɚ] n. 姿態,姿勢 convey [kənˋve] v. 傳達
Too much movement can make you seem nervous. 動作太多會讓你看起來很緊張。
Keep your hands out of your pockets. 你的手務必不要插在口袋內。
You can get people to think by asking an open-ended question right out of the gate. 一開始可以問開放式問題,以此引導大家思考。
an open-ended question 開放式的問題 right out of the gate 從一開始
Stand up straight and don’t slouch. 要站得筆直,別無精打采的。
slouch [ˋslaʊtʃ] v. 無精打采地站(或坐、走)
Don’t lean against the podium. 不要靠著講臺站立。
lean [lin] v. 倚靠 podium [ˋpodɪəm] n. 講臺
The first thing you want to do is grab the attention of the audience.
A: Can you tell me how to start a presentation? B: The first thing you want to do is grab the attention of the audience. Use some formalities like welcome and thank you to let them know it’s starting. A: Great. Then what? B: Introduce yourself and the purpose of your presentation. Don’t drag out this part, or you’ll lose them. A: OK. Thank you.