




blindly adv.盲目地,盲從
例:Don't blindly believe everything you read online.
(別盲目相信所有你在網路上所讀到的東西。)
without thinking 不加思索
例:You should have used better judgment instead of acting without thinking.
(你應該更善用判斷力,而不是想都沒想就貿然行動。)
jumping on the bandwagon [ˋbænd͵wægən] 跟風;趕流行
例:The success of the product led many companies to jump on the bandwagon.
(這款產品取得的成功引來許多公司跟風)。例:There’s no way I’d get on the bandwagon to try this new diet plan, I don’t trust the advert.
(我絕不會跟封用這個減肥方案,我不相信那個廣告)。

be nipped in the bud 防微杜漸
nip [nɪp] 是『掐;捏』,bud [bʌd] 是植物的『芽』,nip in the bud 字面上的意思是某事在萌芽狀態時就消滅它,也就是『防微杜漸』。
例:School-bullying events should be nipped in the bud before they get serious.
(在校園霸凌案變嚴重前, 我們要防微杜漸。)
「破窗效應」跟「羊群效應」固然表現了人類共有的一種「從眾心理」,但實際上它具有積極面與消極面。從積極面而言,當我們處在資訊不對稱、預期不確定的狀況下,經由仿效他人的行為其實是可以有效避開風險,也有助於學習他人的智慧經驗,端看我們如何依據情勢加以運用。有時這樣做還能讓我們獲得團體力量的支援;但從消極面而言,缺乏獨立思考、人云亦云的盲目跟風,隨著他人的負面行為或是偏激的輿論起舞,往往使人陷入騙局或做出錯誤決定而走向失敗。這意味著我們應善用思考力,理性判斷局勢,一方面要運用羊群效應的正面力量,一方面要避免落入羊群效應的負面陷阱,如此才能減少非理性的盲從行為。
Wayne’s diet is full of sweet food, so he has gotten fat.
韋恩的日常飲食都是甜食,所以他變胖了。
I’ve gained weight. I need to go on a diet now.
我胖了,現在該節食了。
I don’t want any fried chicken. I’m on a diet.
我不想吃炸鷄。我正在節食。
Paula is dieting and has lost a lot of weight.
寶拉正在節食,體重減輕了很多。
If you keep on telling lies, no one will trust you.
如果你繼續撒謊,沒人會相信你。
I would trust Nathan with my life.
我可把我的性命交給納森。
Do you trust in God?
你信任主嗎?
Since Sam has lied to me, I have no trust in him.
因為山姆對我說過謊,我一點也不相信他。
Our relations with this country are based on mutual trust.
我們與這國家的關係是建立在互信的基礎上。
It was the lack of trust that broke up Ken and Juliet’s marriage.
正是因為缺乏信任而使肯和茱麗葉的婚姻破裂了。
Many scientists believe the theory that the universe is getting larger.
很多科學家相信宇宙正在變大的這個說法。
Developing a theory and proving it are very different things.
研發一套理論和加以證實是兩碼事。
Well, that sounds good in theory, but I don’t know if it will work in practice.
嗯,那在理論上聽起來不錯,但我不知道它實際上是否可行。
Julie decided to rent an apartment instead of buying a house.
茱莉決定租公寓而不買房子。
恭喜答對獲得 熊贈點 1點
