有時候上班好厭煩,這時候去上廁所就是個逃避的方式。大便的同時,還有薪水拿,對於員工來說算是個小小的安慰吧!
你可以這樣跟同事開玩笑:
It’s one of the perks of the job—getting paid to poop when you need a break!
這是工作的其中一個福利——當你需要休息時,帶薪拉屎!
perk (n.) 額外待遇;好處
或是,你也可以說 poop on company time(在上班時間大便)。
He was so busy pooping on company time that he missed the morning meeting.
他忙著在公司時間拉屎,結果錯過了早上的會議。
不想工作,卻又不想讓老闆發現時,只好偷偷摸魚ㄌ。
在英文中,這可以用 "slacking off" 或 "lazy bones" 來表達。例如:
I’ve been slacking off all morning, but now I really need to focus on this project.
我整個早上都在偷懶,但現在真的得專心做這個專案了。
He’s such a lazy bones, always finding excuses to avoid work.
他真是懶骨頭,總是找藉口逃避工作。
明明知道有事情要做,但就是懶得處理,一直拖延,你也會這樣嗎?
拖延症發作的時候,你可以說 procrastination at its finest (拖延症發揮到極致),例如:
I have a paper due tomorrow but I’m still watching YouTube—procrastination at its finest.
我明天有報告要交但我現在還在看 YouTube,拖延症發揮到極致。
at its finest 是一個習慣用語,表達某事達到了最極致一種狀態。
burnout 工作倦怠
回到工作模式,不能放鬆,覺得好累喔!當你感覺自己快撐不住時,可以這樣跟同事抱怨:
Burnout is real, and I need a break before I hit my breaking point.
工作倦怠是真的,我需要休息一下,不然我會崩潰。
放假太開心了,回到工作或學校覺得超痛苦!你可以用 post-holiday blues 來形容這種「收假憂鬱症」。
I’m struggling with post-holiday blues. I just want to go back to vacation mode.
我正在經歷收假憂鬱症,我只想回到休假模式。
Boss makes a dollar, I make a dime, that's why I poop on company time.
老闆賺一塊,我賺一毛,所以我用上班時間上廁所。
Work hard, nap harder. That’s my motto.
努力工作,睡得更香,這是我的座右銘。
I’m not procrastinating, I’m just prioritizing my relaxation.
我不是在拖延,我只是以放鬆為優先。
I’m in a meeting with my thoughts.
我正在跟我的想法開會。
get back on track 回到正軌,恢復正常的計畫或節奏
Time to get back on track after all that holiday fun.
玩夠了,是時候收心回到正軌了。
get back into work mode 收心,回到工作狀態
It’s hard to get back into work mode after a long holiday.
長假過後要收心真的很難。
shift gears 換檔:轉換模式
I need to shift gears and focus on work again.
我要收心,重新專注在工作上了。
buckle down 開始努力工作
Enough relaxing—it's time to buckle down and get some work done.
放鬆夠了,該收心好好工作了。
上班真的很累,有時候小小摸魚一下,心情比較放鬆,搞不好效率還會更高呢!
下次不想上班的時候,就用這些有趣的句子,給自己來點幽默和動力吧
想看更多這類型文章嗎?現在就入會,每週一將收到免費的電子報喔!
入會及綁定LINE再享100元折價券 →
Heather tried to get back on track after her divorce.
離婚後,海瑟試圖讓自己重新步入正軌。