



生活字彙王
I’m weak/ dead
你是不是也曾經因為一則笑話或是朋友跌倒的滑稽畫面,笑到不能自已呢?捧腹大笑到換不 過氣來乃至頭暈腹痛,甚至感覺像要掛了也是時有所聞呢。確實,在狂笑不止的時候我們會 變得很脆弱,所以英文會用 I’m weak! 或是 I’m dead! 來誇飾自己笑到快沒命的感覺。讓 我們看看下面的對話吧:
甲:嘿,貝蒂。妳在幹嘛?我大老遠就聽到妳在大笑了。
乙:我在看有趣的失敗影片。看到人們明知後果還去做蠢事真是太有趣了。
甲:讓我看看。等等。別啊,他不會吧!噢!那看起來很痛。
乙:哈哈哈,笑死!

I’m afraid I can’t go out with you. I have to run some errands for my boss this afternoon.
很抱歉不能和你出去,我下午必須為我老闆辦一些差事。
Kyle is on an errand buying a newspaper for his dad.
凱爾現在正為他老爸跑腿買份報紙。
Dave was sent on a fool’s errand to deliver the message, which could have easily been sent electronically.
戴維被派去做傳達訊息徒勞無益的工作,這可以很容易地透過電子方式傳遞。
During my first year in college, I dated a senior.
我大一的時候和一個大四學生約會。
Jane is my senior by five years.
珍比我大 5 歲。
Jane is older than I by five years.
珍比我大 5 歲。
Patty is a senior sales manager at Asia Motors.
派蒂是亞洲汽車的資深業務經理。
High school seniors often feel pressure before the college entrance exams.
高三生通常在大學入學考試前感到壓力。
Even though he is poor, she still loves him.
雖然他窮,她仍愛他。
I’m afraid I can’t go out with you. I have to run some errands for my boss this afternoon.
很抱歉不能和你出去,我下午必須為我老闆辦一些差事。
What Sean says doesn’t make sense.
尚恩說的話沒道理。
