剛入職一間公司,我們都會試圖注意許多方面的細節。 這些細節都有助於我們更好地融入團隊與職場環境
並且在新的工作環境中感到自信和舒適。
Take the stairs in the event of a fire. Don’t use the elevator. 遇到火災時請走樓梯,請勿使用電梯。
You should always wear clean and appropriate attire to demonstrate professionalism. 你應該穿著乾淨得體的衣服以展示專業精神。
Keep your work space neat and tidy. 保持工作空間乾淨整潔。
The company has a strict dress code: all male employees are expected to wear suits. 公司有嚴格的服裝規定:所有男職員都要穿西裝。
You need to back up your important files regularly. 你得定期備份你的重要檔案。
back up sth 將某物備份
First impressions are important, so dress to impress. It is better to be too smart than too casual. 第一印象很重要,所以穿著要給人留下深刻印象。太時髦總比太隨便要好。
Clean up if you’ve made a mess in the office kitchen. 如果你把辦公室廚房弄髒了,請打掃乾淨。
It’s a big no-no to post something inappropriate about your company on your social network websites. 在社群網站上發布跟公司相關的不當資訊是一大禁忌。
a big no-no 很大的忌諱
Don’t eat food that has a pungent smell. 請勿吃味道重的食物。
pungent [ˋpʌndʒənt] a. (氣味)刺鼻的
Don’t overstep boundaries by prying into your coworkers’ private business. 不要越界窺探同事的隱私。
You have to obey the dress code if you want to work here.
如果你想在這邊工作,就必須遵守服裝規定。
Is there a dress code on the invitation?
邀請函上面有提到衣著規定嗎?
This theory needs to be backed up with more data.
這個理論需要更多數據來支持。
You need to back up your important files regularly.
你得定期備份你的重要檔案。
Clean up your room, John. It’s a mess.
約翰,把你的房間整理乾淨。你房間很亂。
It's on me this time.
這次我請客。