Try to use more visuals than text in your slides. 試著在簡報裡多用圖像,少用文字。
visual [ˋvɪʒuəl] n. 圖像 text[tɛkst] n. 文字,文本
Rehearse your presentation over and over again. The devil is in the details. 多排練幾次你的口頭報告。魔鬼藏在細節中。
over and over again 一再地,反覆地 devil [ˋdɛv!] n. 魔鬼
Refrain from using confusing terminology. 避免使用令人困惑的術語。
refrain [rɪˋfren] v. 避免;克制 refrain from + N/V-ing 避免…… terminology [͵tɝməˋnɑlədʒɪ] n. 術語
Avoid burying your audience in information. 避免使用過多資訊使觀眾無所適從。
bury [ˋbɛrɪ] v. 使淹沒
You may practice it in front of a trusted colleague, who can give you some feedback. 你可以在信得過的同事面前練習,他/ 她可以給你一些回饋。
The content is organized perfectly, but you might need to work on your delivery a bit. 你的內容組織得很好,但你需要改進你的表達方式。
delivery [dɪˋlɪvərɪ] n. 演講方式
The narrative should be more engaging.敘述要更有吸引力。
narrative [ˋnærətɪv] n. 敘述(方式) engaging [ɪnˋgedʒɪŋ] a. 有趣的
You should place emphasis on certain words. 你需要在某些字眼上加重語氣。
emphasis [ˋɛmfəsɪs] n. 強調 place / put emphasis on sth 強調某事
You looked at the script too often.你講稿看得太頻繁了。
If you are required to give a presentation or speech, just remember to make the structure and points of what you are saying obvious to the audience. 如果你需要做口頭報告或演講,記得務必使觀眾清楚你所講內容的結構和要點。
Each manager has to give a presentation on last quarter’s sales. 每位經理要報告上一季的業績。