



| ✦<要點 #6> |
| 1. 下列動詞可接 V-ing 或 to V,意義相同 | ||||
句型:
|
| 2. 下列動詞可接 V-ing 或 to V,但意義不同 | ||||||||||||||
|
| 3. 下列動詞可接 V-ing 或 to be + pp.,均表『被動』 | |||||||||||
|
Tim likes playing soccer very much.
提姆非常喜歡踢足球。
Tim likes to play soccer very much.
提姆非常喜歡踢足球。
I would like to see a movie tonight.
我今晚想去看場電影。
I feel like seeing a movie tonight.
我今晚想去看場電影。
At the zoo we saw pandas, tigers, lions, and the like.
在動物園,我們看到熊貓、老虎、獅子等等的動物。
Everyone has his own likes and dislikes.
人各有好惡。
Kate looks like her father.
凱特長得像她爸爸。
Jasper fell in love with Clara two years ago.
賈斯柏 2 年前與克萊拉相戀。
When Jack met Rose, it was love at first sight.
傑克遇見蘿絲時,對她一見鍾情。
Daniel loves this song so much that he sings it all the time.
丹尼爾太愛這首歌了,所以一直在唱。
Janice loves to read novels in bed before going to sleep.
珍妮絲睡前很愛窩在床上看小說。
Janice loves reading novels in bed before going to sleep.
珍妮絲睡前很愛窩在床上看小說。
Vicky ’s love for her husband grew over the years.
多年來,薇琪對老公的愛越來越深。
Renee started to exercise three days ago.
芮妮 3 天前開始做運動。
Renee started exercising three days ago.
芮妮 3 天前開始做運動。
The meeting will start in five minutes.
會議將在 5 分鐘後開始。
The school play got off to a poor start.
學校演出的開頭不太順利。
Tim started his own business and made it a huge success after years of hard work.
提姆自己創業,在多年努力後大獲成功。
If we could travel at the speed of light, time would cease to exist.
倘若我們能以光速行進,那麼時間就會不存在了。
If we could travel at the speed of light, time would cease existing.
倘若我們能以光速行進,那麼時間就會不存在了。
The neighbor’s dog barked without cease and kept me awake all night.
鄰居的狗叫個不停,害我整晚沒睡。
Despite the blackout, the baseball game continued.
儘管停電了,棒球比賽依舊繼續進行。
Although it started to rain, Dennis continued jogging.
雖然開始下雨了,丹尼斯還是繼續在慢跑。
Although it started to rain, Dennis continued to jog.
雖然開始下雨了,丹尼斯還是繼續在慢跑。
Although it started to rain, Dennis continued jogging.
雖然開始下雨了,丹尼斯還是繼續在慢跑。
Father intends me to be a doctor.
父親想要我當醫生。
I didn't intend to do that.
我不想那麼做。
Whatever I did, I intended no harm.
不論我做了什麼,我都是沒有惡意的。
No matter what I did, I meant no harm.
不論我做了什麼,我都是沒有惡意的。
These toys are intended for children aged 3 to 5.
這些玩具是針對 3 至 5 歲的兒童設計的。
These toys are meant for children aged 3 to 5.
這些玩具是針對 3 至 5 歲的兒童設計的。
I can ’t bear all of that noise.
我無法忍受那些噪音。
I can ’t put up with all of that noise.
我無法忍受那些噪音。
Bella bore her first child at the age of 30.
貝拉 30 歲時生了第一胎。
The apple tree will bear fruit this year.
這棵蘋果樹今年會結果。
They say there are bears in the mountains.
據說山中有熊出沒。
This ancient coin bears the image of a famous king.
這枚古幣上有一位著名國王的肖像。
Gavin stopped to talk to me.
蓋文停下來跟我說話。
Abby stopped playing the guitar a long time ago.
艾比很久以前就不再彈吉他了。
If you push the red button, the escalator will stop right away.
如果你按下那顆紅色按鈕,手扶梯會馬上停下。
The bus came to a stop because of the accident.
公車因為那起事故而停下來了。
The heavy rain stopped us from going camping.
那場大雨使我們不能去露營。
We stopped for a picnic after walking for two hours.
我們走了兩小時後,停下來野餐。
Stop by and see me when you have a chance.
有機會時,順道來看我。
Stop in and see me when you have a chance.
有機會時,順道來看我。
Get off at the next bus stop if you want to go to the mall.
要去購物中心的話,你就要在下一個公車站下車。
I regret to tell you that you didn’t meet our requirements.
我很抱歉要告訴你,你未達到我們的要求。
There are things we regret doing and things we regret not having done.
我們會後悔做了某些事,也有些事我們後悔沒去做。
I regret to say that I can’t come to the party.
很遺憾,我得告訴你我不能來參加派對。
I regret to inform you that you flunked three subjects this semester.
我很遺憾要通知你,你這學期被當 3 科。
Much to my regret, I didn’t have enough money with me then.
令我很遺憾的是,當時我沒帶夠錢。
I heard of Mr. Wilson’s death with deep regret.
我對威爾遜先生的死訊深感惋惜。
The pan comes with some nice extras, such as these mugs.
平底鍋有附一些不錯的加購品,比如這些杯子。
We need an extra two hours to complete the work.
我們需要額外 2 個小時才能完成這工作。
The restaurant charges extra if we bring our own drinks.
如果我們自己帶飲料,那家餐廳會額外收費。
Such a hardworking man really deserves a raise.
這麼努力工作的人值得加薪。
Those who make more money deserve to pay higher taxes.
錢賺得較多的人理當付較多的稅。
John was punished for cheating on the test. He deserved it.
約翰因為考試作弊被懲罰。他活該。
John was punished for cheating on the test. He asked for it.
約翰因為考試作弊被懲罰。他活該。
John was punished for cheating on the test. It served him right.
約翰因為考試作弊被懲罰。他活該。
Megan deserves respect for continuing her work despite many difficulties.
梅根在面對許多困難的情況下仍持續努力工作,值得尊敬。
Joyce is one of our store’s regular customers.
喬伊絲是我們店裡的常客之一。
John doesn’t have a regular job.
404 約翰沒有固定的工作。
Peggy visits her grandmother on a regular basis.
佩琪定期探望她的祖母。
My sister’s boyfriend phones her at 8 p.m. every day, regular as clockwork.
我姊姊的男朋友每天晚上 8 點打電話給她,非常準時。
Tommy looks like a regular guy, but in fact, he is a billionaire.
湯米看起來像普通人,但事實上他是個億萬富豪。
The bartender offered the regulars free drinks on New Year’s Eve.
調酒師在跨年夜提供常客免費的飲料。
Gavin stopped to talk to me.
蓋文停下來跟我說話。
My mother forgot to wake me up this morning.
我媽媽今早忘記叫我起床。
Remember to close the door when you leave.
你走時記得要把門關上。
I know you’re busy, but try to come.
我知道你很忙,但試著來看看。
I meant to help Ryan, but he turned me down.
我有意要幫萊恩,但他拒絕了。
Joe has to come up with a plan for financing his new business.
阿喬必須想出一個計畫為他的新事業籌措資金。
Harold came up with a good idea for his school essay.
哈洛德想出一個好點子來寫學校的作文。
I'll get back to you on what our next step should be later.
我晚點再回覆告知您下一步該怎麼做。
The story is familiar to most students in Taiwan.
大部分臺灣的學生都熟悉這個故事。
The war is likely to go on for years.
這場戰爭很有可能將持續多年。
After cleaning the table, Jennifer went on to do the dishes.
珍妮佛清理桌子後,接著便洗碗筷。
Everyone is required to attend the meeting regardless of the typhoon.
儘管有颱風,每個人還是被要求出席會議。
