



當公司面臨艱難,裁員可能是不可避免的,但公司也可以採取其他措施來應對困難時期,例如削減開支、重新組織結構、提高效率和尋找新的商機,以應對變化中的環境。每間公司在面對裁員時都會考慮到自身的情況和需求,因此裁員的方式和程度確實會有所不同。不論是哪種方式,重要的是要尊重員工的感受和處境,並確保裁員過程公平、透明且尊嚴。好聚好散不僅是一種企業的責任,更是維護企業價值觀和人文關懷的體現。


I have some bad news to deliver today.
今天我有一些壞消息要傳達。
I’m sorry to say that because of cutbacks, we’re going to have to let you go.
很遺憾要告訴你,因為削減開支,我們將要解僱你。cutback [ˋkʌt͵bæk] n. 削減
let sb go 使某人離職(= fire sb)
If you wish to discuss the justice of this decision, I will gladly set up a meeting for you.
如果你想討論這個決定的公正性,我很樂意為你安排一場會議。
The purpose of this meeting is to inform you that your career with this company has come to an end.
本次會議目的是通知您,您在本公司的職業生涯已經結束。come to an end 結束
This decision was made after a long and careful review of the options.
這一個決定是在對各個項目選擇進行長期且仔細的審查後做出的。review [rɪˋvju] n. 審查
I want you to know that this has been reviewed at the highest level of the company, and it’s a final decision.
我想讓你知道,這經過了公司最高級別的審查,是一個最終決定。
I want you to know that this action was not easily taken, and it was made with deep regret.
我想讓你知道,這不是一個容易的決定,我們也非常遺憾。
I am so sorry to be the bearer of this bad news.
很抱歉我是傳達這則壞消息的人。bearer [ˋbɛrɚ] n. 傳達消息的人
Sales have decreased so much that they need to downsize.
銷售業績大幅下滑,所以他們必須縮小規模。downsize [ˋdaʊnˋsaɪz] v. 縮編
They’re restructuring and slimming down the workforce.
他們正在重組和精簡勞動力。slim [slɪm] v. 節食減肥
slim down ( 使)減少,(使)縮小;裁減
The letter won’t be delivered if you don’t stick a stamp on the envelope.
如果不在信封上貼郵票,這封信就無法送達。
The president of the company delivers a speech to all employees every Monday morning.
每週一早上公司總裁都會對全體員工發表演講。
Tina’s going to deliver her second baby tonight.
蒂娜今晚就要生第 2 胎了。
Years of hard work has finally delivered Sam from poverty.
山姆多年的努力使他終於能擺脫貧窮。
A good judge should have a sense of justice.
好法官應有正義感。
To do Eliot justice, we must admit that he meant no harm.
為艾略特說句公道話,我們必須承認他無意傷害任何人。
Sheila’s playing didn’t do Beethoven’s music justice.
席拉的演奏未能呈現貝多芬音樂的原貌。
The murderer must be arrested and brought to justice.
必須逮捕那兇手並將其繩之以法。
Review the first five lessons before the exam.
考試前要複習前 5 課。
Go over the first five lessons before the exam.
考試前要複習前 5 課。
I have to review for the math exam tomorrow.
我得為明天的數學考試進行複習才行。
I have to do the review for the math exam tomorrow.
我得為明天的數學考試進行複習才行。
The famous writer’s latest novel was reviewed in this weekly magazine.
這週刊有評論這位著名作家最新的小說。
This book has had mixed reviews.
這本書的評論褒貶不一。
I regret to tell you that you didn’t meet our requirements.
我很抱歉要告訴你,你未達到我們的要求。
There are things we regret doing and things we regret not having done.
我們會後悔做了某些事,也有些事我們後悔沒去做。
I regret to say that I can’t come to the party.
很遺憾,我得告訴你我不能來參加派對。
I regret to inform you that you flunked three subjects this semester.
我很遺憾要通知你,你這學期被當 3 科。
Much to my regret, I didn’t have enough money with me then.
令我很遺憾的是,當時我沒帶夠錢。
I heard of Mr. Wilson’s death with deep regret.
我對威爾遜先生的死訊深感惋惜。
The young man was leaning against the wall, looking at the sky.
這年輕人斜靠著牆,仰望著天空。
Matthew's brother is tall and lean.
馬修的弟弟又高又瘦。
You should eat more vegetables and lean meat if you want to slim down.
如果你想瘦下來就應該多吃蔬菜及瘦肉。
The decision to downsize will make the company leaner and more competitive.
人事縮編的決定將使公司更精簡,更具競爭力。
The employment of children under 18 is forbidden in this country.
該國禁止僱用 18 歲以下的孩童。
During the course of Amber’s employment as manager, the company made large profits.
在安柏擔任經理的期間,公司獲得了巨額利潤。
It is hard for many college graduates to find employment this year.
今年很多大學畢業生找工作都很困難。
Is Eric still in employment?
艾瑞克仍在職嗎?
The employment of certain policies can be controversial.
運用某些政策可能會備受爭議。
The judge let the man go after he paid the fine for his crime.
法官在該男子為他犯下的罪支付罰金後就將他釋放了。
I'm sorry to say that because of cutbacks, we’re going to have to let you go.
很遺憾要告訴你,因為削減開支,我們將要解僱你。
We set up a statue in memory of the hero.
我們建立一座雕像記念這位英雄。
They're restructuring and slimming down the workforce.
他們正在重組和精簡勞動力。
All students are invited to take advantage of our student discounts.
竭誠歡迎所有學生多加利用我們的學生折扣優待。
Joseph lives by the principle that one should never take advantage of others.
喬瑟夫處世的原則就是永遠不占他人的便宜。
We should take advantage of the good weather and go for a walk.
我們應該利用好天氣去散散步。
Business has been poor; therefore, we need to consider laying off staff.
生意一直都不好;因此,我們需要考慮裁員。
We still have plenty of time to catch the train.
我們還有很多的時間趕上火車。
