



| ✦<要點 #5> |
| 在『被動語態』中,表『動作者』的介系詞需用 by,但有些慣用語則接其它的介系詞,意義不同。 | |||||
|
|
As a last resort, the debtor went to Canada to hide out.
作為最後的手段,債務人跑去加拿大躲了起來。
We'll resort to legal action if you fail to pay the debt by Friday.
如果星期五之前你無法還清債務,我們將採取法律行動。
The Lake District in Northwest England is a world-famous summer resort.
英格蘭西北邊的湖區是世界知名的避暑勝地。
ou may keep the change.
零錢你留著吧。
The old man keeps cows and sheep on his farm.
這名老人在他的農場飼養牛和羊群。
Keep quiet when you are in the hospital.
在醫院裡要保持安靜。
Keep on working hard, and you'll be successful some day.
繼續努力,那麼有朝一日你就會成功。
Don't walk so fast. I can't keep up with you.
別走那麼快,我跟不上你。
I got a part-time job so I could earn my keep.
我有一份兼職工作,以讓我能賺取生活費。
Jimmy applied some insect repellent to the skin to keep bugs away from him.
吉米在皮膚上塗了一些防蚊液以使蚊蟲遠離他。
You can use smoke to keep bugs away.
你可以使用煙霧來驅趕蟲子。
Ned looks forward to the prospect of being admitted to his favorite college.
奈德期待能獲得錄取就讀他最喜歡的大學。
This four-day course is designed to improve your career prospects.
這個為期 4 天的課程設計的目的就是要讓你在職場更有前途。
The economic depression of the 1930s saw a huge increase in people prospecting for gold in the US.
美國三○年代的經濟大蕭條,想要探勘黃金的人大幅增加。
Raise your hand if you know the answer.
如果知道答案,請舉手。
The landlord raised the rent by 5%.
房東將租金調漲了 5%。
Irene was raised by her grandfather.
艾琳是由她爺爺撫養長大的。
They raised money for the homeless.
他們為遊民募款。
Ted would like to ask for a pay raise.
泰德想要求加薪。
It’s hard for me to adapt myself to city life.
我很不適應都市生活。
It’s hard for me to get accustomed to city life.
我很不適應都市生活。
It’s hard for me to adjust to city life.
我很不適應都市生活。
It took the new employee about a month to adapt to the new environment.
這名新進員工花了一個月左右的時間去適應新環境。
The blockbuster movie was adapted from an original novel.
這部賣座鉅片改編自一本原創小說。
The restaurant is known for its juicy steaks and tempting desserts.
那家餐廳以其多汁的牛排和誘人的甜點聞名。
Paris is known as the “City of Lights.”
巴黎被稱為「光之城」。
Elaine has been engaged in charity work for several years.
伊蓮從事慈善工作已經有好幾年了。
In winter, the mountain is covered with snow.
冬天時,整座山被白雪覆蓋。
Those workers were occupied with building a new road.
那些工人正忙著建造一條新路。
I have a lot of things to do.
我有許多事情要做。
Don’t worry. I still have a lot of money left.
別擔心。我還剩很多錢。
There used to be lots of hot springs in this area.
從前這地區有很多溫泉。
