慣用語
T = Tony L = Lucy
T: How’re you doing in calculus?
L: Not so well.
T: But I thought you were making progress.
L: No, I’m getting more and more confused. Can you help me?
T: I can’t. When it comes to calculus, it’s all Greek to me. L: Maybe I should drop the class.
T: Or you could just try harder.
L: You’re right, but my idea would be easier.
Be careful. Don’t drop the vase.
小心。別讓花瓶掉下來。
Stock prices dropped sharply in Asia yesterday.
昨天亞洲的股價劇烈下跌。
Ken dropped by to see me this morning.
肯今早順道來拜訪我。
I dropped in on Stacey on my way home.
我回家途中順便去看史黛西。
Drop me a line if you can.
可以的話,寫信給我。
A drop of sweat ran down Harry’s forehead.
一滴汗珠從哈利的額頭流下來。
There was a sudden drop in temperature last night.
昨晚氣溫驟降。
My daughter has made great progress in tennis.
我女兒的網球大有進步。
It was hard for us to make progress because of the heavy snow.
因為下大雪,我們很難前進。
I'm all thumbs when it comes to sewing.
說到縫衣服我可是笨手笨腳的。
Mark dropped history after the first day of the class.
馬克在上課的第一天就退選了歷史課。