慣用語
E = Mr. Ervin L = Lucy
E: I’ve been trying to reach someone in your company for hours.
L: I apologize. The lines have been really busy today.
E: Listen! The washing machine I purchased yesterday has some design flaws. I want a refund or an exchange.
L: Yes, sir. I understand.
E: The ball is in your court. I need an immediate response.
L: Please hold on a minute. Someone will address your issues immediately.

這裡的 court 是指「(網球、籃球等的)球場」。the ball is in someone’s court 是從網球運動衍生出來的俚語。
網球比賽時,雙方擊球一來一往,當「球在某人的球場」時,即表示該方擁有主控權,輪到他出手回擊,引申為「某人採取行動了」。
• Marvin was offered a great contract. Now the ball is in his court to decide if he wants to take it.
馬文收到一份條件優渥的合約。現在就看他決定要不要接受了。
I purchased some face masks and hand sanitizer at the store.
我在店裡買了些口罩和乾洗手。
I made a purchase of some face masks and hand sanitizer at the store.
我在店裡買了些口罩和乾洗手。
I bought some face masks and hand sanitizer at the store.
我在店裡買了些口罩和乾洗手。
You need proof of purchase to claim a refund.
你需要購買證明才能要求退款。
Customers may demand a full refund if they find the products less effective than promised.
假如顧客覺得產品不符效果保證,他們可以要求全額退款。
When Arthur told the clerk that he was not
satisfied with the product, she offered to
refund his money.
當亞瑟告訴店員他對這產品不滿意時,她主動提出要退還他的錢。
We tried to reach Martin by phone but failed.
我們試著用電話與馬汀取得聯繫卻未成功。
The family was very pleased with the new house.
這家人對新房子感到非常滿意。
Get on with your work. The deadline is approaching.
繼續做你的工作。期限快到了。