行遍天下 |本集 精彩教學影片(講解老師:Bruce & Antony老師)
A place for learning, culture, and the arts
Every year in Fukuoka, Japan, millions of people visit Dazaifu Tenmangu to pray for blessings from Tenjin, who was laid to rest there. The shrine is an especially important place for students who hope to pass exams. This is because Tenjin is the god of learning, and he favors those who want to get good grades.
Lance did all he could to win Jill’s favor.
蘭斯盡全力要博得吉兒的好感。
The manager was in favor of the proposal.
經理贊成這提案。
The manager favored the proposal.
經理贊成這提案。
Could you do me a favor and open the window?
可以幫我開窗戶嗎?
I hate asking people for favors.
我不喜歡請別人幫忙。
I favor Heather’s plan over the other.
我贊成海瑟的計畫,不贊成另一個計畫。
The university didn’t favor me with a quick reply.
那間大學並沒有馬上給我回覆。
David’s mother favors him over all her other children.
大衛的媽媽在她的所有小孩中最疼他。
Pardon me, but may I ask you a question?
打擾一下,請問我能問你個問題嗎?
Pardon me. I think I accidentally stepped on your foot.
不好意思。我想我不小心踩到你的腳了。
Pardon me? It’s too noisy here. Would you say it louder?
請再說一遍好嗎?這裡太吵了。你能說大聲點嗎?
To our surprise, the president pardoned several criminals.
令我們吃驚的是,總統赦免了幾個罪犯。
Because he received a pardon, the prisoner was not killed.
因為這囚犯得到了赦免,所以他並沒有被處決。
I could see you from across the street.
我可以從對街看到你。
It was so foggy that Greg could barely see.
天氣太霧了,所以葛瑞格看不太清楚。
I could see what Debra meant.
我能明白黛珀拉的意思。
Henry saw the doctor this morning.
亨利今早去看醫生。
Katie has been seeing her boyfriend for two years.
凱蒂和她男朋友交往 2 年了。
It is a blessing to be taught by Mr. Wang.
能被王老師教到是一種福氣。
John’s girlfriend ran away with his best friend a year ago, but he soon met a rich and beautiful girl. They’re planning to get married next week. It was indeed a blessing in disguise.
約翰的女友 1 年前跟他最好的朋友跑了,不過很快地他就遇到了一位多金又漂亮的美女。他們倆計劃下星期結婚。這真是因禍得福啊。
Being humble and polite, John is viewed as a role model by the students.
約翰謙虛有禮,被學生們視為楷模。
We see the brave boy as a hero for saving his classmate’s life.
這名勇敢的男孩救了同學一命,我們因此視他為英雄。