



生活字彙王
stresslaxing 越放鬆壓力感越大
你有沒有過一種經驗,當你越想放鬆時,卻越感到「壓力山大」?想像在一個美好的星期日, 當你想好好放鬆時,卻想起星期一的考試,覺得自己應該要準備隔天的考試才對,壓力就開始 冒出來。stresslaxing 一字是由 stress 和 relaxing 組成,指「越放鬆壓力感越大」。一起 來看看如何運用於下列對話吧:
A: It’s such a relaxing Sunday afternoon.
B: I want to lie on the couch and watch TV, but I just can’t stop thinking about tomorrow’s test.
A: Oh, you’re totally stresslaxing. Give yourself a break!
B: I know, right? I feel like I should enjoy the weekend, but not doing anything makes me even more stressed out.
甲:真是個放鬆的星期天下午啊。
乙:我想要躺在沙發上看電視,但我就是一直想著明天的考試。
甲:哦,你完全就是越放鬆壓力感越大。放過你自己吧!
乙:你說是吧?我覺得我應該要好好享受週末,但什麼事都
不做讓我壓力更大。
SUS 很可疑
Whenever Elaine is under stress, she has a headache.
每當伊蓮有壓力時,她就會頭痛。
Mr. Johnson lays stress on the importance of punctuality.
強森先生強調守時的重要性。
Work and housework stress Maggie out.
工作和家事讓瑪姬喘不過氣來。
My mother always stresses the importance of honesty.
我母親總是強調誠實的重要性。
We saw a suspicious man standing near the school.
我們在學校附近看到一名可疑男子。
My girlfriend is a very suspicious person.
我女友是一個非常多疑的人。
Ted said he came here just to say hello, but I was suspicious of his real intentions.
泰德說他來這裡只是打聲招呼,但我懷疑他真正的動機。
Ted said he came here just to say hello, but I suspected his real intentions.
泰德說他來這裡只是打聲招呼,但我懷疑他真正的動機。
Emma Watson acted the part of Hermione in the Harry Potter movie series.
艾瑪•華森在《哈利波特》系列電影裡飾演妙麗一角。
When Ben saw the drowning boy, he was quick to act.
班看到那名溺水的男孩時,快速採取行動。
David has been acting strangely recently.
大衛最近的行徑很奇怪。
You must admit that it was a brave act.
你必須承認那是勇敢的行為。
The play has five acts, each of which is divided into six scenes.
該劇共有 5 幕,每一幕分成 6 場。
Liz hides her diaries on the top shelf of her closet.
麗茲把日記藏在衣櫥的最上層。
The soldier hid behind a tree until the danger was over.
那名士兵藏匿在一棵樹後面,直到危險過去為止。
Jonas' mother senses he is hiding something from her.
喬納斯的媽媽察覺到他向她隱瞞了什麼。
You don’t look happy. What’s on your mind?
你不太高興的樣子。什麼讓你煩心?
