俗云:最初的印象只有一次,絕不會有第二次的機會。當然,這個論點是指萬事的起頭都很重要。假如你是會議主持人,宣佈會議開始並為會議定出適當基調就是你的責任,無論是正式的語氣或非正式的語氣。本單元除了會討論會議開始的方式之外,同時也會論及提出議程項目的方式。
It's nice to see all of you here today. 今天很高興在這裡見到諸位。
Ex: It's very nice to see all of you here today in the boardroom.
(今天很高興在會議室內見到在座的諸位。)
Greetings to everyone. 大家好。
Ex: Greetings to everyone in attendance at this meeting.
(出席本次會議的諸位,大家好。)
I want to thank everyone for coming today. 我要感謝諸位今日與會。
Ex: I want to thank everyone for coming today on such short notice.
(我要感謝諸位接到通知後立即於今日來此開會。)
The purpose of the meeting today is to... 今天會議的目的是⋯
Ex: The purpose of the meeting today is to discuss the budget.
(今天會議的目的是討論預算。)
Our goal / aim / objective is to... 我們的目標是⋯
Ex: Our goal in this meeting is to set our sales targets for next year.
(這場會議我們的目的是設定明年的銷售目標。)
It's great to see you all. 很高興見到諸位。
Ex: Thanks to everybody for coming to this meeting.
(感謝諸位前來參加這場會議。)
Is everyone here? 大家都到齊了嗎?
Ex: Is everyone here? OK, let's get started.
(大家都到齊了嗎?好的,咱們開始吧。)
Today, we are going to discuss... 我們會討論⋯
Ex: Today, we are going to discuss the year-end party.
(我們今天會討論年終尾牙的事。)
Shall we start the meeting? 我們現在開會,好嗎?
Ex: I think we are all here. Shall we start the meeting?
(我想大家都到齊了。我們現在開會,好嗎?)
I think it's time we began the meeting. 我想該是開會的時候了。
Ex: It's 10:05. I think it's time we began the meeting.
(現在是10點5分。我想該是時候開會了。)
Our first item of business is... 我們的首要之務是⋯
Ex: Our first item of business is approval of the minutes from last meeting.
(我們的首要之務是⋯)