




與睡覺相關的各種說法 a 表示「去睡覺」可以這樣說:
go to sleep 去睡覺
hit the hay / sack 去睡覺
get some shuteye 去睡一會兒
take a nap 去小睡一會兒
b 表示睡眠品質好或睡得很沉,可以這樣說:
a heavy / deep sleeper 熟睡的人
go out like a light 立即入睡
pass out 昏睡
be out cold 睡死了
sleep like a log / baby 睡得安穩
The teacher asked Johnny to answer the question on the blackboard.
老師叫強尼回答黑板上的問題。
I won’t take no for an answer.
我不接受拒絕這個回答 / 你非答應不可。
I rang the doorbell, but no one answered the door.
我按了門鈴,但是沒有人應門。
I have the answer to this question.
我知道這個問題的答案。
Be quiet or you’ll wake the baby.
安靜點,不然你會吵醒小寶寶。
Can you wake me up when you leave the house?
你出門時可否把我叫醒?
When do you usually wake up in the morning?
你早上通常幾點醒來?
Wake up and smell the coffee! You won’t find a girlfriend by sitting in front of the television all day.
醒醒吧!你整天坐在電視機前面是交不到女朋友的。
Mike had a dream that he was a butterfly.
麥克夢見他是一隻蝴蝶。
Cindy’s dream is to become a famous singer.
辛蒂的夢想是成為一位知名歌手。
Jasmine always remembers the things that she dreams about.
潔思敏總是記得她所夢見的事情。
Sammy dreamed his best friend was a monster.
山米夢到他最好的朋友是一隻怪獸。
Keith dreamed of being rich and having a big house.
凱斯的夢想是變得有錢和有一棟大房子。
The earthquake left millions of people homeless.
該地震造成數百萬民眾無家可歸。
That house cost Roy five million NT dollars.
那棟房子花了羅伊新臺幣 5 百萬。
That dress suits Kate. She looks like a million dollars.
那件洋裝很適合凱特。她看起來極有魅力。
Thanks so much for your help―you’re one in a million.
真的很謝謝你的幫忙 — 你是絕無僅有的好人。
After reading the letter, David crumpled it up and tossed it into the fire.
大衛看完信之後,就把信揉成一團丟到火裡去了。
I tossed and turned in bed last night, wondering why my girlfriend would leave me.
我昨晚輾轉難眠,一直在想我女友為何要離我而去。
Paul threw an empty bottle in the trash can with a quick toss.
保羅迅速地將一個空瓶子扔進垃圾桶裡。
The venue of the contest was decided with a toss of a coin.
比賽的場地是以擲硬幣決定的。
The teacher tossed a coin to decide which team would go first.
老師擲硬幣來決定哪一隊先開始。
I turned around and saw Vincent standing by the door.
我轉身看到文森站在門邊。
Turn right at the next intersection.
在下個十字路口右轉。
Leaves turn yellow in autumn.
秋天時,樹葉會變黃。
Suddenly, the frog turned into a prince.
突然,那隻青蛙變成了王子。
The witch turned the prince into a beast.
巫婆把王子變成了一頭野獸。
It's your turn to wash the dishes.
輪到你洗碗盤了。
I thought John was being serious, but then he winked at me.
我以為約翰是認真的,但是他對我眨眼。
Mary gave me a wink, asking me to stop talking.
瑪莉對我使眼色,要我別再說話。
I was so worried about the test today that I didn’t get a wink of sleep last night.
我很擔心今天的考試,所以昨晚都沒睡。
I was so worried about the test today that I didn’t sleep a wink last night.
我很擔心今天的考試,所以昨晚都沒睡。
You’re just asking for trouble if you drink and drive.
如果你酒駕就是在自找麻煩。
If you don’t stop talking in class, you’ll get into trouble.
你上課繼續講話的話,就有麻煩了。
I’m having trouble starting my car.
我的車子很難發動。
Don’t trouble yourself with trifles.
不要為小事情煩惱。
I’m sorry to trouble you, but could you tell me how to get to the park?
對不起打擾你,能不能告訴我公園怎麼去?
I rang the doorbell, but no one answered the door.
我按了門鈴,但是沒有人應門。
What time does your sister usually get up?
你妹妹通常什麼時候起床?
The patient was so weak that she was unable to get up.
病人身體太虛弱,因此站不起來。
Jasmine always remembers the things that she dreams about.
潔思敏總是記得她所夢見的事情。
I will buy my parents a new house if I win the lottery.
如果我中了樂透,就會買棟新房子給我父母。
The earthquake left millions of people homeless.
該地震造成數百萬民眾無家可歸。
Jimmy was so tired that he hit the hay straight after he got home.
吉米太累了,一回家馬上倒頭就睡。
I’m so tired that I think I’ll just hit the sack.
我好累,所以我想乾脆去睡覺。
You look exhausted. Why don’t you take a nap?
你看來累極了。何不小睡一下?
Gail wanted to go to sleep, but she couldn’t.
蓋兒想去睡覺,但無法。
Sally passed out when she saw the big rat.
莎莉看到那隻大老鼠時昏倒了。
Dad slept like a log and I couldn’t wake him up.
老爸睡得很沉,我叫不醒。
I tossed and turned in bed last night, wondering why my girlfriend would leave me.
我昨晚輾轉難眠,一直在想我女友為何要離我而去。
I was so worried about the test today that I didn’t sleep a wink last night.
我很擔心今天的考試,所以昨晚都沒睡。
I'm having trouble starting my car.
我的車子很難發動。
