



方法二:增加被動收入
被動收入最容易讓人誤解的是短期的不勞而獲,比如統一發票的獎金能算是被動收入嗎?其實不是,雖然兑獎統一發票只要付出一點心力,不過不能保證一定能獲得獎金,所以發票中獎不能算是一種被動收入。
增加被動收入依靠的是長期的努力,不是片刻就能看到成效的,以在旅行社當領隊導遊的小傑為例,工時相當彈性,他利用沒有帶團的時間積極進修,考取相關證照,廣泛閱讀整理旅遊資訊在網路上分享給大家,慢慢的開始有旅遊雜誌想要花錢購買小傑的文章,也考慮未來出版專書的可能,這就成了小傑穩定增加的被動收入來源。
閩南語有句話相當適合拿來形容增加被動收入的過程:「戲棚下站久了就是你的」,意思是說:想要成功就要有恆心,千萬不要遇到困難就想要放棄。
英文小貼士:
increase income and reduce expenditure 開源節流
expand production and reduce expenses 擴大生產、節省開支
- We need to increase our income and reduce our expenditure in order to save money for our future.
(增加收入、減少支出,才能為未來的計畫存下錢。)- The company is trying to expand production and reduce expenses by optimizing its manufacturing process.
(公司正試著透過優化製造流程,擴大生產、減少支出。)
active income 主動收入 / passive income 被動收入
- I'm wondering how I can increase my active and passive income to achieve my financial goals.
(我在想要如何增加主動和被動收入,才能實現我的財務目標。)- My active income comes from my job, while my passive income comes from my investments.
我的主動收入來自於我的工作,而被動收入來自於我的投資。

開源,不代表賺越多就可以花越多,而節流也不等於沒有品質的生活。最後想以美國藝術家安迪.沃荷(Andy Warhol)的話作結,勉勵所有正在開源節流的你我他:“走得多慢都無所謂,只要你不停下腳步。”
英文小貼士:
desire 想要(慾望) / need 需要
slim down expenses 瘦身開支
boost wallet 擴大荷包
- I desire a brand-new car, but I only need a reliable one to get me to work and back.
(我想要一輛新車,但我只需要一輛可靠的車子帶我上班。)- I need to carefully examine my financial situation in order to slim down expenses.
(我需要仔細檢查我的財務狀況,以便瘦身開支。)- Through reducing expenses and increasing income, I have successfully boosted my wallet.
(透過節流和增加收入,我成功地擴大了我的荷包。)
wish list 願望清單 / shopping list 購物清單
- I have a long wish list of things that I want to have.
(我有一個長長的心願清單,裡面列出了我想要擁有的東西。)- Before going shopping at the supermarket, I make a shopping list so that I can control my expenses more efficiently.
(我在超市購物前,會先寫一份購物清單,這樣可以更有效率地控制開支。)

I wonder what my friends got me for my birthday.
我很想知道我朋友買給我什麼生日禮物。
I was wondering about the proper way to respond to my boss’ message.
我想知道如何恰當地回應老闆的訊息。
Carl had a look of wonder on his face at that moment.
那一刻卡爾臉上帶著驚訝的表情。
Aspirin works wonders for a headache.
阿斯匹靈對治療頭痛很有效。
No wonder the remote doesn’t work. The batteries are dead.
難怪遙控器不能用。電池沒電了。
Everyone desires happiness.
每個人都渴望幸福。
Our educational system leaves much to be desired.
我們的教育制度仍有很大的改善空間。
Tom had a great desire for a sports car.
湯姆很渴望擁有一部跑車。
Most of us have a desire to live as long as possible. 我們大部分的人都想活得越久越好。
The article Nick wrote leaves nothing to be desired.
這篇尼克所寫的文章完美無缺。
Jackson needs help with his homework.
傑克森的家庭作業需要協助。
Your car needs washing.
你的車需要洗了。
Your car needs to be washed.
你的車需要洗了。
Sally's hair is in need of a cut.
莎莉的頭髮需要剪一下了。
Housing and food are basic needs.
吃住是基本需求。
It's only a short test; you needn't worry.
這只是個簡短的考試,你不必擔心。
Beating thousands of competitors and getting this job boosted Lauren’s confidence a lot.
打敗上千名對手爭取到這份工作讓蘿倫的自信大增。
The President-elect gave these businessmen a boost in saying that he would devote himself to raising the economic growth.
總統當選人說他會致力於提升經濟成長,讓這些商人信心大增。
The warm spring rain helped to boost the growth of crops. 溫暖的春雨有助於促進作物的生長。
Our car stalled as we were driving through the tunnel.
我們開車經過隧道時,車子拋錨了。
Tom got that job through his father.
湯姆透過他父親得到那份工作。
Those people sang and danced through the night.
那些人徹夜歌舞狂歡。
For a long time, the artist wandered all through the world.
有很長一段時間,那位藝術家在世界各地流浪。
Could you put me through to Andy?
可以幫我把電話轉接給安迪嗎?
I’ll call you back right after I’m through with my work.
我做完工作後馬上回電給你。
Make a wish on a falling star.
對流星許個願。
With best wishes, Frank Foster.
把最誠摯的祝福獻給你,法蘭克•福斯特。(書信結尾用語)
I wish to become a doctor one day.
我希望有朝一日能成為醫生。
I hope to become a doctor one day.
我希望有朝一日能成為醫生。
I wish you a Merry Christmas.
祝你聖誕快樂。
I wish that my friend were here now.
但願我的朋友此刻在這裡。
If only my friend were here now.
但願我的朋友此刻在這裡。
I wish that John had been with us last night.
要是約翰昨晚與我們在一起就好了。
恭喜答對獲得 熊贈點 1點
