



許多公司在國外都有分公司,若有機會調派海外也可以擴大個人的網際網絡,結識來自不同國家和背景的人。不僅可以幫助你在工作上建立更多的合作關係,還可以開拓你的視野,了解不同文化的價值和觀點。總的來說,調派海外是一個寶貴的機會,可以為職業生涯和個人成長帶來許多好處。重要的是要把握這個機會,以積極的態度和準備好的心態面對挑戰,這將會是一段寶貴而難忘的經歷。


You’ll be based in Singapore for a fixed term of 12 months.
你將被調到新加坡辦事處工作,為期 12 個月。be based in … 以…為據點;把總部設在
fixed a. 固定的
term n. 期限
You’ll be working in Tokyo for an indefinite term.
你將在東京工作,沒有期限。indefinite [ɪnˋdɛfənɪt] a. 不確定的
It is expected that you’ll return to the New York office in two years.
你預計將在兩年後返回紐約辦事處
We have a new opportunity in Sydney which I think might be of interest to you.
我們在雪梨有新的工作機會,我想你 可能會感興趣
How would you feel about transferring to our London office?
你覺得轉調到我們的倫敦辦事處怎麼樣?transfer [trænsˋfɝ] v. 調離;移轉 & [ˋtrænsˋfɝ] n. 調任
We will, of course, cover your relocation costs.
當然,我們將支付你的搬遷費用。cover [ˋkʌvɚ] v. 支付
relocation [riloˋkeʃən] n. 搬遷
relocate [riˋloket] v. 重新安置;搬遷
An excellent new opportunity has come up in Paris. Do you think this might be of interest to you?
巴黎辦事處有一個很棒的工作機會。 你對這感興趣嗎?come up 發生
Due to increased operating costs, we’ll be relocating our manufacturing site to Vietnam.
由於營運成本增加,我們將把製造部 門遷往越南。
We’ve decided to transfer you from the headquarters to the overseas branch.
我們決定把你從總部調派到海外分公司。
We are moving to Canada to take advantage of the relatively untapped markets there.
我們將搬到加拿大,好利用那裡相對尚未開發的市場。relatively [ˋrɛlətɪvlɪ] adv. 相對地
untapped [ʌnˋtæpt] a. 未開發的
Do you know how to fix the copier?
你知道如何修理這部影印機嗎?
My dad tried to fix the mirror to the wall.
我爸設法要把那面鏡子固定在牆上。
It’s time to fix dinner now.
現在該準備晚飯了。
Rudy’s suggestion isn’t a fix; something else must be done.
魯迪的建議並不是個能解決問題的辦法;我們得做些別的事才行。
All students are required to hand in a written paper at the end of the term.
所有學生於學期末均須繳交一篇書面報告。
I believe the new policy will be beneficial in the long term.
我相信從長遠來看,新政策是有利的。
The article is full of medical terms.
這篇文章有好多醫學專業用語。
In terms of music, I like jazz best.
就音樂而言,我最喜歡爵士樂。
Capital punishment is sometimes termed a “necessary evil.”
死刑有時被稱為『必要之惡』。
When will you return to Taiwan?
你什麼時候會回臺灣?
You should return the book to the library by Friday.
你要在星期五以前把這本書還給圖書館。
My mom told me that when someone helped me, I also had to return the favor.
我媽告訴我,當有人幫助我時,我也必須回報。
No one knows the date of Owen’s return from France.
沒人知道歐文從法國回來的日期。
All the old man wanted was the safe return of his expensive violin.
那老人只想要他那昂貴的小提琴平安歸來。
I gave Martin a watch in return for his help.
我給馬丁一隻手錶以回報他的幫忙。
On Mandy’s birthday, Tom wished her many happy returns.
在曼蒂生日當天,湯姆祝她長命百歲。
The CEO decided to transfer Neil to a Seattle-based law firm.
公司執行長決定要調任尼爾到總部設於西雅圖的律師事務所。
Can you transfer $1,000 into my account by Friday?
你能否在週五前把 1,000 美元匯到我的帳戶呢?
Sophie asked for a transfer to the company's branch office in Europe.
蘇菲請調至歐洲的分公司。
The amount of $10,478 has been transferred to your company's account.
金額為 10,478 美元的款項已匯入貴公司帳戶。
The union is seeking compensation for the injured workers.
該工會正為受傷的工人尋求賠償。
The plaintiff was rewarded $10,000 in compensation.
那位原告獲得一萬美元作為賠償。
The plaintiff was rewarded $10,000 in damages.
那位原告獲得一萬美元作為賠償。
The writer was upset because the magazine published her article without compensation.
這位作者很不滿,因為雜誌刊登了她的文章卻沒有給任何報酬。
The news coverage about this young man was strongly biased.
關於這位年輕人的新聞報導嚴重偏頗。
My insurance policy provides coverage against fire and theft.
我的保險單提供承保了火災和竊盜險。
This reference book provides comprehensive coverage of the subject we ’re talking about.
這本工具書涵蓋了我們現在所談論的題材所有的面向。
All students are invited to take advantage of our student discounts.
竭誠歡迎所有學生多加利用我們的學生折扣優待。
Joseph lives by the principle that one should never take advantage of others.
喬瑟夫處世的原則就是永遠不占他人的便宜。
Think carefully before you resign. You don't want to burn your bridges.
辭職前仔細考慮一下。你得給自己留條退路。
