



年終獎金是雇主對員工在整個年度工作表現的一種奬勵和肯定。這種肯定其實能讓員工感到自己的工作得到了重視和認可,是基於員工的表現和貢獻而給予的,因此可以激勵員工在工作中盡力付出,提高工作效率和品質。每當到年底,年終確實是許多員工最關心的事情,大家都會期待著能夠收到另自己滿意的年終獎金,這也是一種對員工們一年來辛勤工作的肯定和回報。


I want to ask if we can have a meeting to discuss my compensation.
我想問一下,我們是否可以開會討論一下我的工資問題。compensation n. 工資;賠償
Can we meet to have a quick chat about my salary?
我們可以見面簡單談談我的工資嗎?
I’ve always exceeded my own goals without missing a single deadline.
我在沒有錯過任何一個截止期限的情況下,總是可以超出自己的目標。
I’ve become an integral member of the company in these years.
這些年來,我已經成為公司不可或缺的一員。integral [ˈɪntɪgrəl] a. 不可或缺的
My research indicates that a raise of 10% would be appropriate.
我的調查研究表明,加薪 10% 是合適的。indicate [ˈɪndɪkeɪt] v. 顯示
raise [reɪz] n. 加薪
We’re all impressed by your work and already thinking about giving you a bonus.
你的工作表現給我們留下了深刻的印象,我們已經在考慮發獎金給你了。bonus [ˈbəʊnəs] n. 獎金
annual bonus 年終獎金 ( = year-end bonus)
It’s based on the achievement of company and individual performance objectives.
它(獎金)是基於公司和個人績效目標的情況定的。objective [əbˈdʒektɪv] n. 目標 & a. 客觀的
The bonus policy applies to all regular full-time employees.
獎金政策適用於所有正式全職員工。apply to... 適用於……
I’ve consistently exceeded my sales quota, most recently reaching 144% of my quarterly mark.
我一直都超出業績目標,最近一次達到了季目標的 144%。quota [ˈkwəʊtə] n. 指標,定額
mark [mɑːk] n. 目標
The union is seeking compensation for the injured workers.
該工會正為受傷的工人尋求賠償。
The plaintiff was rewarded $10,000 in compensation.
那位原告獲得一萬美元作為賠償。
The plaintiff was rewarded $10,000 in damages.
那位原告獲得一萬美元作為賠償。
The writer was upset because the magazine published her article without compensation.
這位作者很不滿,因為雜誌刊登了她的文章卻沒有給任何報酬。
Raise your hand if you know the answer.
如果知道答案,請舉手。
The landlord raised the rent by 5%.
房東將租金調漲了 5%。
Irene was raised by her grandfather.
艾琳是由她爺爺撫養長大的。
They raised money for the homeless.
他們為遊民募款。
Ted would like to ask for a pay raise.
泰德想要求加薪。
You should have taken more appropriate measures at that time.
當時你應該採取更合適的措施才是。
Jeans are obviously not appropriate for such formal occasions.
這樣正式的場合顯然不適合穿著牛仔褲。
The government is going to appropriate $5 million for the project.
這項工程政府將撥款 5 百萬美元補助。
To protect the domestic steel industry, the government imposed a quota on steel imports from other nations.
為了保護國內鋼鐵業,政府對從其他國家進口的鋼鐵實行了配額限制。
The sales manager expected the sales representatives to meet or exceed the high quotas he had set.
業務經理期望業務代表可以達成或超出他所訂定的高額度。
Kane’s good academic performance in college entitled him to study at a famous graduate school.
大學時期優異的成績使康恩得以在一所知名的研究所深造。
You’re not entitled to check out any books from the library unless you’re a student of our school.
除非你是本校的學生,否則沒有資格從圖書館借書。
You are entitled to a pension once you reach sixty-five.
你滿 65 歲便有資格支領退休金。
Nick entitled his paper, “Perceptions of Masculinity and Honor in the Gangster Genre.”
尼克為他的論文下標題:《在黑幫電影中對男子氣概和榮譽 的看法》。
Please have mercy on me. I’ll never do that again.
請饒了我。我不會再犯了。
Please have pity on me. I’ll never do that again.
請饒了我。我不會再犯了。
Please forgive me. I’ll never do that again.
請饒了我。我不會再犯了。
Each year between July and November, Taiwan is at the mercy of typhoons.
每年從 7 月到 11 月間,臺灣都受到颱風的侵襲。
The first half of the questionnaire applies only to graduate students.
這份問卷的前半部只適用於研究生。
Don't walk so fast. I can't keep up with you.
別走那麼快,我跟不上你。
Because of my passion for movies, I make sure to keep up with all the latest movie releases.
出於對電影的熱愛,我會確保自己掌握所有近期上映電影的最新消息。
