造成上班遲到的原因百百種,每個人的情況都可能不同。有時候可能是因為睡眠不足,有時可能是因為交通堵塞,有時可能是因為家庭緊急情況,還有可能是因為個人時間管理不當或者其他突發事件…. 重要的是要盡量避免頻繁遲到,跟公司清楚報備,尊重工作時間和公司的規定,同時也要盡量提前預防或解決可能導致遲到的問題。
(喜歡就趕快收藏起來,若還沒加入會員的記得趕快註冊官網會員,才不會錯過更多優質學習資源,還能享入會五大好康)
My car broke down. 我的車壞了。
break down 發生故障
The babysitter was late, and I had to wait for her.
保姆遲到了,我不得不等她。
I was stuck in traffic for two hours. 我塞車塞了兩個小時。
be stuck in traffic 困在車陣中
An incident caused a massive pile-up on East Third Street.
東三街的一起事故造成了連環車禍。massive [ˈmæsɪv] a. 巨大的
pile-up [paɪl ʌp] n. 連環車禍
I had to wait out the storm before I left home for the subway station.
在我出門前往地鐵站之前,我得先等暴風雨結束。wait out sth 等待某事(令人不快的事情)結束
I was up late last night finishing the report Mr. Carter wanted.
我昨晚熬夜到很晚以完成卡特先生要的那份報告。
I’m feeling dizzy all of a sudden. Can I leave early to see a doctor?
我突然感到頭暈。我可以提早下班去看醫生嗎?dizzy [ˈdɪzi] a. 頭暈目眩的
all of a sudden 突然地
I want to leave early so I can prepare for this industry event.
我想早點離開,為這次產業活動做準備。
The police pulled me over for no reason. 警察無緣無故要我靠邊停車。
pull sb/sth over (員警)命令某人靠邊停車
pull over 靠邊停車
The taxi I took had a flat tire, and I couldn’t get another one on the freeway.
我坐的計程車爆胎了,在高速公路上又攔不到別的車。have a flat tire 爆胎
I need to knock off work early today to pick up my kid. Can you cover for me?
我今天要早點下班去接小孩。你可以暫代我的職務嗎?cover for sb 暫代職務(= sit in for sb / stand in for sb)
The car broke down in the middle of nowhere.
這輛車子在荒郊野外拋錨了。
Just pull over here, and I'll get out and walk the rest of the way.
車停在這兒就好,剩下的路我下車再走過去。
I have a flat tire, and I need to get the car repaired.
我車子爆胎了,我需要將它送修。
We had a flat tire on our way to work this morning.
今天早上去上班的途中,我們的車爆胎了。
If I get this report finished, I’ll knock off early.
如果完成這個報告,我就會早點下班。
Why don't we call it quits here and knock off for lunch?
我們何不到此先停下手邊的事去吃頓午飯呢?
Rita covered for me while I went to the dentist.
我去看牙醫時,瑞塔幫我代班。
After Cindy's father had a heart attack, he quit smoking.
辛蒂的父親在一次心臟病發作後便戒菸了。