篇章結構
Some people hesitate to pick up macramé as a creative hobby due to concern that they must be especially skilled for it to be worthwhile. Yet, this ancient craft, which involves knotting techniques, isn’t just a hobby to pass the time. __1__ Through its rhythmic knotting process, it helps people explore their creativity, improve their problemsolving abilities, and reduce stress and depression.
While the use of knots for both practical and decorative purposes has been around for thousands of years, macramé itself can be traced back to 13th-century Arabic weavers. __2__ The latter, in particular, were vital for spreading macramé due to their knot-making skills, which were essential at sea. It is believed that Moor sailors significantly contributed to the popularity of macramé during their voyages from North Africa to Europe. To pass the time and avoid boredom during long sea journeys, they used extra rope to make beautiful art pieces.__3__ Eventually, they introduced macramé art to countries like Spain, France, and Italy.
This book can serve as a guide to help you learn to cook.
這本書可作為幫助你學習烹調的指南。
Sharon's excellent speaking skills allow her to serve as the host of the event.
雪倫傑出的演講技巧使她得以擔任這場活動的主持人。
This time I’ll experiment with a different chemical.
這次我要用不同的化學藥劑做實驗。
This suit shop has a wide range of quality tuxedos to choose from.
這家西裝店有各式各樣的高級晚宴服以供選擇。
It was a good movie―I liked the last scene in particular.
這部電影很精彩 — 我特別喜歡最後一幕。
I was able to pick up a news program from the UK on my radio.
我能用我的收音機收聽一個英國的新聞節目。
Pick up the garbage and throw it into the garbage can.
把垃圾撿起來丟到垃圾桶裡。
Lisa picked up the phone as soon as it rang.
電話鈴一響麗莎就立刻接起電話。
Will you come and pick me up after dinner?
晚餐後你過來接我好嗎?
Eric picked up some Japanese mainly by osmosis.
艾瑞克主要是靠耳濡目染學會了一點日語。