商用英語
Darina is preparing the boardroom for a meeting with a client. Shane enters the room to do the same thing.
S: Huh? Darina, what are you doing here?
D: Hi, Shane. I have a meeting with a client here in 20 minutes, so I’m getting everything sorted out.
S: Wait. You have a meeting here? I already booked this room from 2:30 to 3:30.
D: What do you mean? I also reserved this room. Did you book it through Lyra or Megan?
S: Megan. Do you mean to tell me that we both booked the room through different people for the same time?
I already made an appointment with my doctor for seven this evening.
我已經和醫師約好今晚 7 點看診。
David was thrilled about receiving an appointment as assistant professor at Cambridge.
大衛很興奮能獲聘到劍橋大學擔任助理教授一職。
No one was pleased with Beth’s appointment as group leader.
沒有人對貝絲獲任命為小組領導人一事感到高興。
The cake was split into two parts.
這塊蛋糕被切成兩塊。
My girlfriend split up with me because she thought I didn’t really love her.
我女友和我分手了,因為她覺得我並沒有真心愛她。
The sharp edges of the packaging created a large split in the plastic bag.
這個包裝的邊邊尖銳,把塑膠袋劃破了好大一個裂口。
The issue of nuclear power has caused a split in the government.
核能議題在政府內部造成意見分歧。
Let me have a banana split.
給我一份香蕉聖代。
Wendy helped her mom sort out the garbage.
溫蒂幫她媽媽清理垃圾。
Jack saw a flying object of some sort in the sky the other day.
傑克前些日子看到空中有某種飛行物體。