商用英語
Dialogue B
M: Melinda W: Willie
Willie is going to show the products to Melinda.
W: Hi, Ms. Jones? I’m Willie Loman. I talked to you on the phone a few days ago.
M: Oh, right. Please come into my office, and pardon the mess.
W: No worries. I can’t even tell where the mess is. I hope now is still a good time to talk.
M: Yes, it is. I’m looking forward to seeing how you promote your products.
Pardon me, but may I ask you a question?
打擾一下,請問我能問你個問題嗎?
Pardon me. I think I accidentally stepped on your foot.
不好意思。我想我不小心踩到你的腳了。
Pardon me? It’s too noisy here. Would you say it louder?
請再說一遍好嗎?這裡太吵了。你能說大聲點嗎?
To our surprise, the president pardoned several criminals.
令我們吃驚的是,總統赦免了幾個罪犯。
Because he received a pardon, the prisoner was not killed.
因為這囚犯得到了赦免,所以他並沒有被處決。
The room is a mess. Clean up before you go.
房間亂七八糟。你先整理好再出門。
Our two-year-old boy is a real “explorer;” he makes a mess of the house several times a day.
我們家的兩歲小子真是個『探險家』,一天會把屋子搞亂好幾次。
I spent a lot of time preparing a party for you. I hope you won’t mess it up.
我花了很多時間為你準備這個派對。希望你不要把它搞砸了。
Stop messing around, John. We need to get back to work.
不要在一旁鬧了,約翰。我們得繼續工作。
The shampoo has a light scent of herb extracts.
這種洗髮精有一股淡淡的藥草精油味。
Jason s dog scented the snake before his owner and began barking to warn him.
傑森的狗比主人先聞到蛇的氣味,並吠叫以警告牠的主人。
The banquet hall was scented with candles and flowers before the wedding began.
婚禮開始前,宴會廳裡充滿著蠟燭和花朵的芳香。
Officials promised that health insurance premiums would not increase this year.
官員保證今年的健保費不會上漲。
Jude paid a premium for that house because of its beautiful view.
因為那棟房子的視野極佳,所以茱德以高於行情的價格收購。
We should ve reserved a room because vacancy is at a premium during high season.
我們應該先訂房的,因為在旅遊旺季時旅館空房一間難求。
Colleges that put a premium on education quality tend to have higher endowments.
注重教育品質的大學容易獲得較多的捐贈金。
Do you know how much it costs for a gallon of premium gas now?
你知道目前一加崙的高級汽油要價多少嗎?
Shelly is looking forward to her birthday party.
雪莉很期待她的生日派對。
You are welcome to bring your friends along to my wedding banquet.
歡迎你帶朋友一起來參加我的婚宴。
Can I have a look at that?
我可以瞧一瞧那個東西嗎?