生活快遞 |本集 精彩教學影片(講解老師:Shane & Bernice 老師)
Why do adorable things make us react strongly?
Have you ever seen a tiny kitten or puppy and felt like squeezing it? This strange but common feeling is called “cute aggression.” It occurs when something is so adorable that you feel both love and a small amount of aggression. Even though you would never harm the object, you might say, “It’s so cute; I can’t stand it!”
Don’t squeeze your pimples unless you want scars on your face.
除非你希望臉上有疤痕,否則不要擠青春痘。
The six of us squeezed into a car that had four seats only.
我們 6 個人擠入只有 4 個座位的車子。
I squeezed out the last bit of toothpaste from the tube.
我把這條牙膏的最後一點牙膏全擠出來了。
The chef put a squeeze of lemon juice on the fish to bring out its flavor.
廚師擠了一點檸檬汁在魚肉上來引出它的味道。
Henry gave my hand a little squeeze and wished me good luck.
亨利緊握著我的手,祝我好運。
Henry squeezed my hand and wished me good luck.
亨利緊握著我的手,祝我好運。
We ’re not friends; I don ’t even know his name.
我們不是朋友,我甚至連他的名字都不知道。
I'll give you the money even if you can t pay me back.
即使你沒能力還錢,我還是會給你錢。
Even though he is poor, she still loves him.
雖然他窮,她仍愛他。
Gordy thought he had an even chance of winning.
高迪認為自己也有同等獲勝的機會。
The floor was not even, and I almost fell.
這地面不平,我差點跌倒。
Even numbers can be divided exactly by 2.
偶數可被 2 整除。
With the goal, Ben evened the game at 3-3.
班射門得分,讓比賽以 3-3 打平。
Has there been any response to your letter?
你的信有回音了嗎?
In response to your letter dated July 1, we regret to say that we'll have to cancel the deal.
茲回覆臺端 7 月 1 日的來信,我們很遺憾表示,我們不得不取消這個交易。
Jason's response to my proposal was discouraging.
傑森對我的提議反應很令人沮喪。
The new policy caused a strong response among the public.
這項新政策激起了公眾強烈的反應。
We overwhelmed the enemy with superior weapons.
我們用精良的武器大敗敵軍。
Helena was overwhelmed by grief when her puppy died in an accident.
海蓮娜的小狗狗意外喪生之後,她傷心極了。
Grief overwhelmed Helena when her puppy died in an accident.
海蓮娜的小狗狗意外喪生之後,她傷心極了。
The small village was soon overwhelmed by the flood; fortunately, all the local people were evacuated in advance.
小村子很快就被洪水淹沒;幸運的是當地民眾已事先被撤離。
As a supervisor, you're required to even out the distribution of work among your subordinates.
作為主管,你必須平均分配給下屬的工作。