探索科學 |本集 精彩教學影片(講解老師:Stephen & Antony 老師)
影片4/20上架,可開啟字幕:字幕由 AI 生成可能有誤,僅供讀者參考學習使用
Think twice before you judge.
When you look at the Sun, it sometimes appears much larger than its actual size. The circle of light that makes it look bigger is called a halo. In psychology, this idea is used as a metaphor to describe a mental shortcut known as the halo effect.
Paul assumed that his girlfriend was joking when she said he was ugly.
保羅的女友說他很醜時,他認定她一定是在開玩笑。
After his parents passed away, the boy assumed the burden of raising the family.
男孩的父母雙亡後,他便負起養家的責任。
I assumed you had already eaten, so I didn't prepare extra food.
我以為你已經吃過了,所以就沒多準備食物。
Just give me the overall picture instead of detailed information.
只要告訴我大概的情況就好了,而不是細節資訊。
The principal thought that the overall result of the exams was quite satisfactory.
校長認為考試整體結果是很令人滿意的。
Overall, imports account for half of our economy.
大體而言,進口貿易占了我們一半的經濟。
I thought John was wearing overalls to protect his clothes, but it turns out they were a fashion statement.
我以為約翰穿連身工作褲來保護他的衣服,但結果那只是一種時尚。
First impressions are often lasting impressions.
第一印象通常會持續很久。
What’s your impression of Penny’s new boyfriend?
你對潘妮的新男友印象如何?
After talking to the principal, I was left with the impression that it was a very good school.
和校長談過話後,我印象覺得這是一所很好的學校。
Kent made a bad impression on Nelly’s parents because he brought her home too late.
肯特給娜莉的父母留了壞印象,因為他太晚送她回家。
I have the impression that you’re not happy.
我覺得你並不快樂。
I was under the impression that Emma was marrying Robert.
我還以為艾瑪要嫁給羅伯特。
The kids left the impression of their hands in the wet cement.
這群小鬼在未乾的水泥上留下手印。
Sam was sick. As a result, he didn't come to the office.
山姆生病了。因此,他沒有來上班。