



在日常生活和交流中,表達驚訝是十分常見的,有時候會遇到一些令人驚訝的事情,這些事情讓我們不禁張大眼睛,
在英文中,表達「震驚,驚訝」不單單只有”surprise”這個字,astonish, startle也都有表「驚訝」的含意。
一起來學學這些 表示「感到意外」的英文表達,讓我們可以在適當的情境下,更自然地與他人交流和表達我們的情感。
That’s a bolt from the blue.
Well that was out of the blue. 這消息真是出人意料。
"a bolt from the blue" 意思是「突如其來的驚喜或突發事件;晴天霹靂」。它描述了像閃電一樣快速且突然的出現,通常是指「某個意想不到的事情或消息」。”out of the blue” 是一個常見的英文片語,意思是「突然發生的事情,毫無預警或先兆」。從藍天突然出現的風暴這種意象,也象徵了一個突然出現且意外的情況。
I was astonished. 我很驚訝 e.g. I was astonished when he said that.
(他那麼說時,我很驚訝。)
She startled me. 她嚇了我一跳。 e.g. She startled me when she dropped the glass.
(她玻璃杯掉時,我嚇了一跳。)
startle vt. 使震驚 = astound = stun
knock sb down with a feather 令人大吃一驚。 e.g. When I heard they got married, you could have knocked me down with a feather.
(聽說他們結婚時,我驚呆了。)
是一個俚語,用來形容某人感到非常驚訝或震驚的情況。可追溯到19世紀的英國,人們相信被羽毛擊倒是一個極不尋常的事情,因為羽毛是輕薄而脆弱的物品,通常不足以對人造成任何傷害。因此,這個短語的用意是表達「某人對於驚人的事情感到非常震驚」。
To my surprise, the lazy student did quite well on the test.
令我驚訝的是,那個懶惰的學生考試考得挺好的。
The difficult question caught the student by surprise.
這個困難的問題讓該學生不知所措。
The announcement of Sophie’s marriage came as a surprise.
蘇菲宣布要結婚的消息讓人驚訝。
I decided to surprise my mom with flowers.
我決定送花,讓我媽媽驚喜。
Lydia ’s answer astonished Paul: How could she not know the name of the capital of her own country?
莉迪雅的回答讓保羅很震驚:她怎麼會不知道自己國家首都的名稱?
What astonishes me is that the little girl can sing so beautifully at such a young age.
令我驚訝的是,這名小女孩年紀輕輕就能把歌唱得這麼好。
Steven startled me when he broke into my room without knocking on the door first.
史提芬沒先敲門就闖進我房裡,嚇了我一大跳。
Steven took me by surprise when he broke into my room without knocking on the door first.
史提芬沒先敲門就闖進我房裡,嚇了我一大跳。
Steven took me aback when he broke into my room without knocking on the door first.
史提芬沒先敲門就闖進我房裡,嚇了我一大跳。
Martin is a very nervous guy; he startles easily.
馬丁是個神經兮兮的傢伙,他容易受驚。
Be careful. Don’t drop the vase.
小心。別讓花瓶掉下來。
Stock prices dropped sharply in Asia yesterday.
昨天亞洲的股價劇烈下跌。
Ken dropped by to see me this morning.
肯今早順道來拜訪我。
I dropped in on Stacey on my way home.
我回家途中順便去看史黛西。
Drop me a line if you can.
可以的話,寫信給我。
A drop of sweat ran down Harry’s forehead.
一滴汗珠從哈利的額頭流下來。
There was a sudden drop in temperature last night.
昨晚氣溫驟降。
If we could travel at the speed of light, time would cease to exist.
倘若我們能以光速行進,那麼時間就會不存在了。
If we could travel at the speed of light, time would cease existing.
倘若我們能以光速行進,那麼時間就會不存在了。
The neighbor’s dog barked without cease and kept me awake all night.
鄰居的狗叫個不停,害我整晚沒睡。
The news that Larry was marrying a woman he had just met came like a bolt out of the blue.
賴瑞要和一位他剛認識的女子結婚,這個消息出乎大家的意料之外。
We were having dinner when Peter appeared out of the blue.
我們正在吃晚餐,此時彼得突然出現了。
When I heard they got married, you could have knocked me down with a feather.
聽說他們結婚時,我驚呆了。
We were all struck dumb with amazement.
我們都驚訝得說不出話來。
I was often in awe of my grandmother when I was little.
我還小的時候常對祖母感到敬畏。
Why are you staring at me, John? Is there something wrong with me?
約翰,你為什麼這樣瞪著我?我有什麼不對勁嗎?
It is rude to stare at people.
盯著別人看是不禮貌的。
.jpg)