商用英語
Dialogue B C: Clifford E: Eliza
Eliza calls Clifford’s office about one hour later.
E: Hi, Clifford. I found out what happened to your order.
C: Hey, Eliza. So, what’s the deal?
E: As you guessed, the shipping labels were switched somehow at our distribution center in Los Angeles. Your package ended up at a business warehouse in Seattle. The package you received belongs to the business in Seattle.
C: Seattle, huh? That’s on the other side of the country.
E: Yes, but the good news is I’ve already arranged for a Congo deliveryman to retrieve your package.
C: That’s good to hear. So, what should I do?
E: Someone will come by your office tomorrow and retrieve the package you received. Your package in Seattle will be shipped to your office in Miami.
C: That’s simple enough. I don’t need to pay any more shipping fees, do I?
E: No, sir. We’ll handle the fees. On behalf of Congo Shipping, I’m very sorry about the mistake.
C: It’s OK. I just hope we can get the things we ordered soon.
E: You should get them early next week. C: OK. I appreciate your help. This is great customer service.
E: I’m glad I could help. Have a great day. C: You, too.
The machine’s switch was broken, so it couldn’t work.
這臺機器的開關故障了,所以機器無法運作。
Renee’s new job is a complete switch from her old one.
蕾妮的新工作與她的舊工作完全不同。
When Tim got home, he switched on the TV.
提姆一到家就打開電視。
Sandra switched the batteries in the toy for new ones.
珊卓拉把玩具內的電池換新的。
I really appreciate this opportunity to speak to you.
我很感激能有機會跟諸位說幾句話。
I really appreciate having this opportunity to speak
to you.
我很感激能有機會跟諸位說幾句話。
I really appreciate your help.
我很感激你的幫忙。
I’m thankful for your help.
我很感激你的幫忙。
I’m grateful for your help.
我很感激你的幫忙。
John’s abilities were not fully appreciated by his
employer.
約翰的能力並未受到僱主充分賞識。
The US dollar keeps depreciating, while the Euro
keeps appreciating.
美元持續貶值,而歐元則持續升值。
I knew you would end up borrowing money from me.
我就知道你最後還是會跟我借錢。
Dave studied very little and ended up failing the test.
戴夫幾乎沒讀書,落得考試不及格的下場。
All the things you see here belong to me.
你在這兒所看到的東西都屬於我。
Gary arranged for his wife to have a day at the spa on her birthday.
蓋瑞安排太太在她生日當天去享受水療。
Mom asked me to come by my grandma's place after school.
媽媽要我今天放學後去探望奶奶。
On behalf of our company, I would like to make a toast to the newlyweds.
本人謹代表公司向結婚的新人敬酒。