商用英語
Dialogue B
S: Steve I: Iris
A few days after his interview, Steve receives a phone call.
I: Hello, Steve, this is Iris Wong. I’m the person who interviewed you for Ivy Management Consultants.
S: Hello, Ms. Wong.
I: I’ve got some good news for you. We’ve selected you out of all the other candidates to be our new junior management consultant.
S: That’s great! I’m really excited about joining your company.
I: We’re looking forward to having you, too.
S: When should I come in?
I: When would you be able to start?
All juniors have to take two science classes.
所有的大三學生都要上兩門理化課。
In my company, my wife is junior to me, but back home, she is my boss.
我太太在我公司的職位比我低,可是回家後,她卻是我的老闆。
Junior officers must salute senior officers when meeting or passing.
低階軍官在見到高階軍官或擦肩而過時,必須向他們敬禮。
Peter is my junior by five years.
彼得比我小 5 歲。
Peter is younger than I by five years.
彼得比我小 5 歲。
I'd like to open a savings account at the bank.
我想在銀行開一個儲蓄帳戶。
I read an account of the plane crash in the newspaper.
我在報紙上讀到一篇有關墜機事件的報導。
Larry failed the exam on account of laziness.
賴瑞因懶惰而沒通過考試。
Before asking Bob to handle this huge mission, you should take his physical condition into account.
你要鮑伯處理此一艱鉅的任務之前,應要先考慮他的身體狀況。
Hard work accounts for Daisy's success.
努力是黛西成功的原因。
Before using the service, you need to set up an account.
在使用這項服務之前,你需要建立帳號。
I was so excited about the news that I jumped out of my chair.
這個消息讓我興奮到從椅子上跳了起來。
Carol has to fill a form out to apply for a room.
卡蘿要填寫一張表格以申請房間。