



| ✦<要點 #2> |
| 1. 名詞子句作主詞(限接單數動詞) |
|
句型 1 :That / Whether / What + S + V... + 單數動詞 |
《補充說明》 下列情形限用 whether,不用 if 來表達『是否⋯⋯』:
| 2. 名詞子句作受詞 |
|
句型 1 :S + Vt + that / whether / what + S + V... |
Having been an editor for nearly ten years, Stan has decided to resign and try teaching for a change.
史坦做編輯快 10 年了,決定辭職並換跑道試試教書。
My car broke down in the middle of nowhere, so I resigned myself to a long walk home.
我的車子在荒郊野外拋錨,因此我只好接受長途走路回家的命運了。
It took Eric four hours to solve the crossword puzzle.
艾瑞克花了 4 小時才解開這個字謎遊戲。
How pyramids were built is still a puzzle.
金字塔是如何建造的仍是個謎。
This question puzzles me a lot. Maybe I should ask the teacher.
這問題讓我很困惑。或許我該去問老師。
Jim has been puzzling over the math question for
two days.
這數學問題讓吉姆苦思了 2 天。
My boss thought my report was too lengthy, so I had to cut it short at his request.
老闆認為我的報告過於冗長,所以我只好應他要求把報告裁短一些。
For those who are interested in this investment, we have a lot of booklets on request.
對於本投資有興趣的人,我們準備了許多小冊子備索。
May we request the honor of your presence at our gathering?
我們可否有此榮幸邀您出席我們的聚會?
Since the holiday is drawing near, I request that the meeting (should) be put off until sometime next month.
由於假期在即,我要求會議延到下個月其他時間另行召開。
Nothing you said made a difference in Tom's decision.
你所說的話對湯姆的決定沒有任何影響。
Donating just a few dollars can make a difference for families in need.
捐出幾塊錢就能對需要的家庭有所幫助。
I didn't intend to do that.
我不想那麼做。
I intend to learn how to play the guitar this summer vacation.
我打算在今年暑假學吉他。
I need you to give me the up-to-date sales figures before tomorrow's meeting.
我需要你在明天會議前給我最新的銷售數據。
My parents didn’t agree to our plan.
我父母親不贊成我們的計畫。
What Sean says doesn’t make sense.
尚恩說的話沒道理。
