



在這充滿多元化的世界中,有一些人顯現出對特定事物的極度狂熱,仿佛那是他們生命中無法或缺的一部分。這種熱愛超越了一般的喜好,他們不只是喜歡,而是成了真正的「狂熱分子」,有些人對某些事情總是特別迷戀、特別熱衷,當要表達對某活動或某物品有強烈愛好時,我們都會稱呼為「XX狂」,知道如何用英文表達「某件事情的狂熱者」嗎? 這時候就要認識"-holic"這個字尾!

英文中,字根、字首通常具有特定的含義,了解這些基本單位可以幫助我們更深入地理解和推測詞彙的意義。
| "-holic" 是常見的一個字尾(suffix),通常用來表示「對某事物的熱衷或沉迷」。這個字尾源自於英語中"alcoholic"(酒精成癮者)的衍生,被廣泛應用在不同的詞彙上,表達「對特定活動、物品或行為的極端愛好或沉迷」。 |
字尾"-aholic"通常用來形容某人對某事物的狂熱,這些單字一起學起來
shopaholic 購物狂 e.g. She's a shopaholic who can't resist a good sale.
(她是個購物狂,對打折品無法抗拒。)
workaholic 工作狂 e.g. He's such a workaholic that he rarely takes a day off.
(他是個工作狂,很少休假。)
chocoholic 巧克力狂 e.g. I'm a chocoholic; I can't resist chocolate desserts.
(我是個巧克力狂,無法抗拒巧克力甜點。)
gymaholic 健身狂 e.g. She's a gymaholic, spending hours at the gym every day.
(她是個健身狂,每天在健身房花上好幾個小時。)
bookaholic 書痴(讀書狂) e.g. As a bookaholic, he has a huge collection of novels.
(作為一個書痴,他擁有龐大的小說收藏。)
alcoholic 酒精成癮者 e.g. After a series of interventions, she finally admitted that she was alcoholic and needed treatment.
(在一系列的介入後,她終於承認自己是酒精成癮者,需要接受治療。)
認識一些與購物相關的英文詞彙和表達 :
window shopping (逛櫥窗)指在商店外面或網上逛逛,欣賞商品而不實際購買。 e.g. We spent the afternoon window shopping on Fifth Avenue.
(我們下午在第五大道的商店外面逛逛。)
splurge(奢侈購物):指在一件昂貴的物品上花費大量金錢。 e.g. I decided to splurge on a designer handbag for my birthday.
(我決定花錢買一個名牌手袋當我的生日禮物)
How can you resist chocolate cake? Whenever I see some, I must have a piece.
你怎麼抗拒得了巧克力蛋糕?我每次看到都非來一塊不可。
You can try to resist, but you know you can’t ignore your deepest desire.
你可以試著抗拒,但你知道你無法忽視你最深層的渴望。
I couldn't resist taking a look at that beautiful girl when she passed by.
那個美女經過時,我忍不住看了她一眼。
= I couldn't help taking a look at that beautiful girl when she passed by.
那個美女經過時,我忍不住看了她一眼。
= I couldn't help but take a look at that beautiful girl when she passed by.
那個美女經過時,我忍不住看了她一眼。
Children are not admitted to the theater without an adult.
小朋友沒有大人帶是不能進入那間劇院的。
Only five percent of the applicants are admitted to the university.
只有 5% 的申請者獲准進入該所大學。
Jake admitted stealing the money from the cash register.
傑克承認偷了收銀機裡的錢。
The politician admitted to taking bribes.
那位政客坦承受賄。
I regret to tell you that you didn’t meet our requirements.
我很抱歉要告訴你,你未達到我們的要求。
There are things we regret doing and things we regret not having done.
我們會後悔做了某些事,也有些事我們後悔沒去做。
I regret to say that I can’t come to the party.
很遺憾,我得告訴你我不能來參加派對。
I regret to inform you that you flunked three subjects this semester.
我很遺憾要通知你,你這學期被當 3 科。
Much to my regret, I didn’t have enough money with me then.
令我很遺憾的是,當時我沒帶夠錢。
I heard of Mr. Wilson’s death with deep regret.
我對威爾遜先生的死訊深感惋惜。
Workers are prone to accidents if they are not familiar with the working environment.
工人若對工作環境不熟悉,就很容易發生意外。
Grace is prone to lie to people. Take what she says with caution.
葛瑞絲很容易撒謊。要小心她說的話。
The police found Jenny lying prone on her bed with a knife in her back.
警方發現珍妮俯臥在床上,背上插了把刀。
The police found Jenny lying face down on her bed with a knife in her back.
警方發現珍妮俯臥在床上,背上插了把刀。
There have been a series of burglaries on the east side of the town.
城鎮的東區發生了一連串的竊盜案件。
We spent the afternoon window shopping on Fifth Avenue.
我們下午在第五大道的商店外面逛逛。
.jpg)