



| ✦<要點 #2> |
| 現在進行式:表目前正在進行的動作或強調『一時』之行為 | ||||||
|
句型:
|
| 過去進行式:表過去某一點時間正在進行的動作 |
|
句型:S + was / were + V-ing... |
| 未來進行式:表未來某一點時間正在進行的動作 |
|
句型:S + will be + V-ing... |
《補充說明》 下列表達『情意』、『知覺』與其他意義的動詞不用於進行式:
上列部分動詞意義改變時可以用於進行式,如:
Are you thinking he is competent? (×)
Do you think he is competent? (✓)
(你認為他可以勝任嗎?)
Are you thinking about taking legal action? (✓)
(你正在考慮採取法律行動嗎?)
Are you seeing what I mean? (×)
Do you see what I mean? (✓)
(你明白我的意思嗎?)
Are you seeing(= visiting) the doctor this afternoon? (✓)
(你今天下午去看醫生嗎?)
Please pour water into the jug and then place it on the table.
請把水倒到罐子裡,然後把罐子放在桌上。
It's pouring now. You may as well stay here for the night.
現在正在下大雨,你不妨留下來過夜。
It's raining hard now. You may as well stay here for the night.
現在正在下大雨,你不妨留下來過夜。
It's raining cats and dogs. You may as well stay here for the night.
現在正在下大雨,你不妨留下來過夜。
When it rains, it pours.
每次下雨,就會下傾盆大雨。/ 禍不單行。
It never rains but it pours.
每次下雨,就會下傾盆大雨。/ 禍不單行。
Bob often pours out his problems to me and expects me to give him some advice.
鮑伯經常向我傾訴他的問題,希望我給他一些建議。
All employees are required to attend the meeting.
全體員工一律得去參加該會議。
Brenda invited Jim to her wedding, but he was unable to attend.
布蘭達邀請吉姆來參加她的婚禮,但吉姆無法參加。
George is the first person to attend college in his family.
喬治是他家第一個上大學的人。
Brian hired a caretaker to attend to his father on a 24-hour basis.
布萊恩僱用看護來 24 小時全天候照顧他爸爸。
What does the word mean?
這個字是什麼意思?
What ’s the meaning of this word?
這個字是什麼意思?
I don't mean that you are wrong.
我不是說你錯了。
I meant to help Ryan, but he turned me down.
我有意要幫萊恩,但他拒絕了。
Your support means a lot to me.
你的支持對我來說意義非凡。
Edward is so mean that nobody wants to do business with him.
愛德華太卑鄙了,所以沒人想跟他做生意。
The pan comes with some nice extras, such as these mugs.
平底鍋有附一些不錯的加購品,比如這些杯子。
We need an extra two hours to complete the work.
我們需要額外 2 個小時才能完成這工作。
The restaurant charges extra if we bring our own drinks.
如果我們自己帶飲料,那家餐廳會額外收費。
The shirt comes in three sizes: small, medium, and large.
這款襯衫有三種尺寸:小、中和大。
Upon arriving at the airport, please claim your luggage.
一到達機場時,請去提取行李。
Jessica is thinking about the story for her new novel.
潔西卡在想新小說的故事。
Jack didn't show up on time.
傑克沒有準時出現。
Side effects may show up weeks after the treatment begins.
副作用可能在治療開始數週後才出現。
Take it easy. It’s not that serious.
放輕鬆。沒那麼嚴重。
Switch off your phone from time to time, and you'll find it runs smoother after a restart.
偶爾將手機關機,然後你會發現重啟後手機跑得更順。
Sam didn’t notice that he was wearing his T-shirt inside out.
山姆沒發現他把 T 恤裡外穿反了。
I'm afraid that Mark is not able to take over the job.
恐怕馬克是無法接下這份工作了。
“I’m sorry, but the book is out on loan,” said the librarian.
圖書館管理員說:『很抱歉,這本書被借走了。』
