



生活中總會碰到一些讓人尷尬、不好回答的問題,但這並不代表我們無法巧妙應對。
有時候是真的很忙,無法馬上回覆對方,而有時候是真的被問到不想回答的問題,但我們也應該擁有保護自己私人空間的權利。
拒絕回答並不意味著要讓對話變得尷尬或不愉快,巧妙的拒絕回答不僅讓自己感到自在,也讓對方感受到你的回覆的意願。
如果不方便回覆對方,可以怎麼用英文回答? 這幾句好好學起來!

#忙碌中的情況
I'm currently tied up, can I get back to you later?
我現在有點忙,我可以稍後回覆你嗎?
I'm in the middle of something right now, but I'll reach out to you shortly.
我現在有點忙,但我很快就會聯繫你。
Currently, I'm not able to respond promptly, but I will do so as soon as I can.
目前我不能馬上回覆,但我會盡快回覆。
Let me get back to you. 讓我之後再回答你吧。
I just need some time to think it over. 我需要時間考慮考慮。
I’m afraid I can’t give you a definite reply now.
恐怕我現在無法給你一個明確答覆。
I can’t make a decision right now. 我現在無法做出決定。
There are certain points that I’ll have to consider very carefully. 有些問題我得慎重考慮。
Wait and see. 等等看吧。
#不方便回覆的情況
I’m not at liberty to say. 我不方便回答。 liberty [ˋlɪbɚtɪ] n. 自由
at liberty to V 有做……的自由
Sorry. That’s personal. 對不起。那個問題很私人。
I’m sorry, but this issue is a bit sensitive. Can I skip it?
抱歉,這個話題有點敏感。我可以跳過嗎?
The host asked the singer how she came up with the song, and she responded that it all just came out naturally.
主持人問那位歌手她是怎麼想出這首歌的,她回答說這一切都是自然而然寫出來的。
I asked Katie a math question and she responded to it quickly.
我問凱蒂一個數學問題,她很快便回答我。
The patient responded well to the new medicine.
病人對新藥的反應良好。
The teacher responded with a smile when the students waved at her.
當學生們向那位老師揮手時,她報以微笑。
Certain answers are not correct.
某些答案有誤。
A certain man called you yesterday.
昨天有某個人打電話找你。
I’m certain that Miley will succeed.
我確信麥莉會成功。
I’m certain of Miley’s success.
我確信麥莉會成功。
Nobody knows for certain when Michael is coming back.
沒有人確知邁可什麼時候會回來。
Certain of the employees take long coffee breaks.
有些員工喝咖啡的休息時間很久。
My personal belongings on the table were all gone when I returned from the restroom.
我從廁所回來時,我桌上的私人物品全都不見了。
The chairman will make a personal appearance on TV.
主席將親自在電視中露面。
Having conversations through emails is neither personal nor effective.
透過電子郵件進行對話既不親密也不有效。
Recycling confidential documents instead of shredding them may cause a leak in information.
若機密文件不用碎紙機銷毀而是拿去回收,可能會造成資訊外洩。
All patients' medical records and personal information will be kept confidential.
所有患者的就醫紀錄與個人資料都將保密。
These files are strictly confidential.
這些是極機密檔案。
Did the teacher make any comments on your
speech?
老師對你的演說有什麼評論嗎?
Did the teacher comment on your speech?
老師對你的演說有什麼評論嗎?
I was unhappy when Ray commented on my new shoes.
瑞評論我的新鞋時,我很不高興。
This movie sparked heated comments online, with mixed reviews.
這部電影在網路上引起了熱烈的評論,褒貶不一。
My legs were sore after I ran the marathon.
跑完馬拉松之後,我的雙腳酸痛得要命。
I have a sore throat today and cannot speak.
我今天喉嚨痛,沒辦法講話。
To Mr. Smith, seeing his children happily playing when he gets home from work is a sight for sore eyes.
對史密斯先生來說,下班回家看他的孩子開心地玩耍便是人生樂事。
I fell the other day and have got a sore on my right arm.
我前幾天跌倒了,右手臂上有一塊紅腫處。
Scientists have always been curious about outer space.
科學家對於外太空始終充滿好奇。
It was curious that my talkative brother was so quiet today.
我那很愛說話的弟弟今天這麼安靜真的是很奇怪。
The cat made a curious noise that I had never heard before.
這隻貓咪發出了我從未聽過的奇怪聲音。
She's tied up at a meeting. You can leave a message, and I'll have her call you back as soon as possible.
她正忙著開會。您可以留言,我會請她儘快回電話給您。
I'm in the middle of something right now, but I'll reach out to you shortly.
我現在有點忙,但我很快就會聯繫你。
Our online learning platform helps us reach out to new students.
我們的網路學習平臺讓我們接觸到更多新學生。
I'll get back to you on what our next step should be later.
我晚點再回覆告知您下一步該怎麼做。
Think over my offer before you make the final decision.
你可以好好想想我提供給你的條件,然後再做最後決定。
This is a good offer, but I'll have to think it over before I can give you the answer.
這條件很不錯,不過我得好好想想,之後才能給你答案。
I’m sorry, but you’ll have to make a decision quickly.
很抱歉,但你必須趕快做決定。
.jpg)