









”tab”除了指我們熟知的「標籤」之外,也可以指「帳單」的意思,整句話也有引申為「買單、付帳」的意思。

”foot”除了指「腳」之外,口語裡也有引申為「支付」的意思。foot有底部之意,源自於the foot of the bill(帳單底部),因付帳時會在帳單底下簽字,後來foot演變成了動詞,此短語就變成了「付帳,買單」的意思。




打包跟dog(狗)有什麼關係呢? 起源是外國人會把吃剩的剩菜(leftovers)帶回家餵狗,因此這個doggy bag後來就引申為是餐廳提供的「打包袋」。

-


"come to" 為片語,「共計」的意思。"add up to" 為「總計達」的意思。

"change" (n.) 零錢 (集合名詞,不可數)

settle v.結帳, settle your bill (phr.)結帳。

【情境對話】
Waiter: Have you finished, Sir? Can I take your plate?
Customer: Yes, thank you. That was delicious.
Waiter: Thank you. Can I get you anything else? Desserts? Coffee?
Customer: No, thank you. I’m so full that I can’t eat another bite. Just the bill, please.
Waiter: One moment, please. Here is your bill.
Customer: Thank you. Here’s forty dollars. Please bring me a receipt..
Waiter: Of course.
Customer: And keep the change.
Waiter: Thank you, sir. That’s very kind.
-- 中文翻譯 --
服務生: 先生,您吃完了嗎?我可以收走您的盤子了嗎?
客人: 吃完了,謝謝。很好吃。
服務生: 謝謝。還要別的嗎?甜點?咖啡?
客人: 不用了,謝謝你。我吃得太飽了,再也吃不下了。請結帳吧。
服務生: 請稍等。這是您的帳單。
客人: 謝謝。這是40美元。請給我發票。
服務生: 當然。
客人: 不用找了。
服務生: 謝謝您,先生。您真好。
喜歡這篇文章嗎? 歡迎收藏、踴躍幫我們分享出去~
They are checking Zion’s record.
他們正在核對席恩的紀錄。
Tammy checked her wallet and found it was empty.
譚美確認了一下她的錢包,發現裡面是空的。
You need to check in at the hotel first.
你得先在飯店辦理住房手續。
The waitress gave me the check for dinner.
女服務生把晚餐的帳單交給我。
This is a check for $65,000.
這是一張 6 萬 5 千美元的支票。
Raymond gave the report a quick check for mistakes.
雷蒙德快速檢查這份報告是否有誤。
In Western countries, the father of the bride traditionally foots the bill for the wedding.
在西方國家,傳統上婚禮是由新娘的父親付帳。
I need five 100-dollar bills.
我需要 5 張 100 元的鈔票。
Congress passed the new bill to help endangered animals.
國會通過這項幫助瀕危動物的新法案。
A woodpecker has a strong bill.
啄木鳥的喙很硬。
The garage billed William for the repairs to his car.
修車廠給威廉開立修車的帳單。
The mother changed her baby’s diaper in the restroom.
這位媽媽在洗手間替小寶寶換尿布。
The magician changed the mouse into a bird.
魔術師把老鼠變成一隻鳥。
Do you think Debbie has changed since she became famous?
你認為黛比自從成名後,是否改變了?
Eddie doesn’t like the change of plans.
艾迪不喜歡計畫的變更。
You can keep the change.
零錢不用找了。
Pat treated Nancy to dinner last night.
派特昨晚請南西吃飯。
The activity host treated the Nobel Prize winner with respect.
活動的主辦人對這位諾貝爾獎得主很尊敬。
Depression can be treated with medicine or counseling.
憂鬱症可以用藥物或心理諮商來治療。
It’s my treat today.
今天我請客。
It’s a real treat to go swimming on a hot summer day.
炎熱的夏天去游泳真是一大樂事。
Would you bring me the check when you have a moment, thanks?
有空請把帳單拿過來,謝謝。
It's my turn to pick up the tab.
輪到我付帳了。
It's my turn to foot the bill.
輪到我付帳了。
It's my treat today.
今天我請客。
It's on me this time.
這次我請客。
Shall we go Dutch?
我們各付各的好嗎?
Can we have a doggy bag?
請問可以給我們一個打包袋嗎?
Can you wrap up the food so we can take it home?
你可以把食物包起來好讓我們帶回家嗎?
The speaker wrapped up his speech with a joke.
演講人說了一個笑話就結束演講了。
You can keep the change.
零錢不用找了。
I'll pay now. We can settle up later.
現在我來付。我們可以稍後再結算。
Let me settle up with you for the meal.
我把飯錢付給你吧。
恭喜答對獲得 熊贈點 1點
