



焦點新聞
Argentina Beats France to Win the World Cup
Soccer history was made at the 2022 World Cup as Argentina beat France to become the world champions last December. Argentina’s star player Lionel Messi competed with France’s Kylian Mbappé in a heated rivalry. Messi scored two goals, while his teammate Ángel Di María scored one. Mbappé evened the score with a hat-trick which brought the teams’ points to a tie at 3-3. The game went into an overtime shootout, with Argentina coming out as the winners.
We ’re not friends; I don ’t even know his name.
我們不是朋友,我甚至連他的名字都不知道。
I'll give you the money even if you can t pay me back.
即使你沒能力還錢,我還是會給你錢。
Even though he is poor, she still loves him.
雖然他窮,她仍愛他。
Gordy thought he had an even chance of winning.
高迪認為自己也有同等獲勝的機會。
The floor was not even, and I almost fell.
這地面不平,我差點跌倒。
Even numbers can be divided exactly by 2.
偶數可被 2 整除。
With the goal, Ben evened the game at 3-3.
班射門得分,讓比賽以 3-3 打平。
Peter always wears a shirt and tie to work.
彼得總是穿著襯衫、打上領帶去上班。
I have close ties with my relatives in England.
我和在英格蘭的親戚關係很緊密。
The basketball game ended in a tie.
這場籃球比賽的結果不分勝負。
Let me help you tie the rope around your waist.
讓我幫忙你把繩子綁在腰上。
I can’t wait to see you two tie the knot.
我等不及要看你們兩位步入禮堂。
At the end of the game, we (were) tied with that team.
比賽結束時,我們和那隊打成平手。
Archeologists dug out a few skeletons from the site that were estimated to be more than 3,000 years old.
考古學家挖出了幾具骨骸,推估有超過 3 千年之久。
We all have one or two skeletons in our closets, things that are too embarrassing to talk about.
我們都有一些不為人知的祕密,也就是那些太難堪而令人不願提起的事。
If you are lucky, you can find some animal fossils on the beach.
你運氣夠好的話,在海灘上會找到一些動物化石。
The horseshoe crab is an example of a living fossil.
鱟是一個活化石的例子。
Don’t listen to Ricky; he’s just an old fossil.
別聽瑞奇的,他只是個老頑固。
Scientists recently discovered two new kinds of fossil plants.
科學家最近發現了兩種新的化石植物。
Many scientists are now looking for energy sources that can replace fossil fuels.
科學家目前正在尋找能替代化石燃料的能源。
