參加雞尾酒會是個很棒的機會,可以與各種不同背景的人自在交談,分享想法和故事。但往往最擔心的就是不知道要聊什麼,陷入一種沉默的尷尬局面。當你與人交談時,其實可以使用一些開場白來打開話題,或是同事間互相介紹,試著找到與對方共同的興趣或經驗,這樣會更容易建立起交流的默契。盡量放鬆心情,享受與不同人交流的樂趣,進而認識新朋友,拓展人際網絡。
(喜歡就趕快收藏起來,若還沒加入會員的記得趕快註冊官網會員,才不會錯過更多優質學習資源,還能享入會五大好康)
Hi. I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Mary.
嗨。我想自我介紹一下。我叫瑪麗。
Let me introduce you to my colleague Tim. He’s one of our brightest stars.
讓我把你介紹給我的同事提姆吧。他是我們最耀眼的明星之一。
This is Gemma. She’s a great help in the office. I don’t know what I’d do without her.
這是傑瑪。她是辦公室裡的一個好幫手。我不知道沒有她我要怎麼辦。
Isn’t the decor in this place so beautiful? 這地方的裝潢是不是很漂亮?
decor [deˋkɔr] n. 裝飾風格
Are you with the company? I don’t think we’ve met before.
你是我們公司的員工嗎?我想我們以前沒見過面。
The cocktail party passed off well. 這場雞尾酒會辦得相當成功。
pass off 發生並完成
At the cocktail party, you take a glass of red wine by holding the glass closer to the bowl because the heat from your hand releases the wine’s flavor.
在雞尾酒會上,你拿紅酒杯要拿住靠近杯肚的位置,因為手上的熱量會使紅酒散發香味。
At the formal party I felt very awkward and out of place.
在正式的派對上,我感到侷促不安,很不自在。awkward [ˋɔkwɚd] a. 不自在的
out of place 格格不入;不得體
Your short skirt is inappropriate for a formal party.
你的短裙不適合正式派對。inappropriate [ :InJ`proprIIt ] a. 不恰當的
It is going to be a very formal party, white tie and tails for men, full-length gowns for women.
這是非常正式的派對,所以男士要打白色領帶、穿燕尾服,女士要穿全身長禮服。
I’m going to get dolled up for the party. / Julia dolled herself up for the party.
我馬上好好打扮一下去參加派對。/茱莉亞為了參加派對,把自己打扮得漂漂亮亮。doll oneself / sb up 把某人打扮得漂漂亮亮
I’ve got two left feet when it comes to dancing. 說起跳舞,我笨手笨腳的。
have (got) two left feet 不擅長運動或跳舞
when it comes to... 說起……
The cocktail party passed off well.
這場雞尾酒會辦得相當成功。
Some items in my room are out of place. Did you move any of them?
我房間裡有些東西不在正確的位置上。你有動過它們嗎?
At the formal party I felt very awkward and out of place.
在正式的派對上,我感到侷促不安,很不自在。
Julia dolled herself up for the party.
茱莉亞為了參加派對,把自己打扮得漂漂亮亮。
I'm all thumbs when it comes to sewing.
說到縫衣服我可是笨手笨腳的。
I’ve got two left feet when it comes to dancing.
說起跳舞,我笨手笨腳的。